We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WTF eQSL & email for 2 part "States" series broadcast  (Read 682 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
WTF eQSL & email for 2 part "States" series broadcast
« on: April 20, 2021, 1730 UTC »
https://imgur.com/a/U1DNTOC

Thanks Kenneth for fine eQSL (looks like Venus and Mars are alright tonight ;)) and for the superb musical ride across America.  Much appreciation for the plays, very amusing and unexpected.  Of course, "Palisades Park" written by Chuck Barris.  Here with theme commercial and Cannon's song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNVwV5zquM
Hmmmm.......maybe cities, European countries, or fictional locations next time?

"Dean, WTF Radio thanks you for your accurate reception reports for both 'One State at a Time' Music programs on 6930kHz USB. Power output level was limited to 50 watts for this broadcast but the propagation gods were on our side both nights. Your comments and suggestions helped make the whole program (both parts!) a lot of fun. Please see attached eQSL.

Thanks again and Stay tuned, 73!
-Kenneth "

PS - Jeez, too bad the postings revealed that Poacher has a monkey on his back for ice river gambling :o.  But, with absolutely nothing to do in the two geographic regions that he is associated, idle hands become the devil's hands in Molvania and New Hampshire, you can only churn butter and spin a radio dial for so long.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 1753 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
Re: WTF eQSL & email for 2 part "States" series broadcast
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 0039 UTC »
Thanks CT Yankee...All winter we've been spinning the butter and churning the radio dial, which accounts for the lumpy consistency and poor reception. Gotta go, time to check on the river again....
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 1437 UTC »
;D Glad you have a sense of humor.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 1440 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 0205 UTC »
You're alright for a Flatlander, CTY!

Adding my thanks to WTF Radio Worldwide for the same two eQSLs for reception reports of their two very impressive and appreciated Parts I and II of their recent 50 States' program!
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.