We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WWCD 1580AM, by Columbus, OH, 03:11UTC, and e-mail RSVP!  (Read 850 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
I heard this station booming in during my commute between job sites, jamming out 1990's modern rock. Nice audio quality as well. When I'd gotten back home and looked it up, I filled out the their on-line contact page and got this reply back:

"Hey Tha Dood - thank you so much for reaching out! It's always a pleasure to hear about our AM signal reaching beyond state lines, it's awesome you were able to tune in for a bit! I will drop a line with our engineering team to see if we can confirm whether or not we utilize a C-QUAM stereo.

In the meantime, it's been great to hear from you, I hope you have a great rest of your week!

J-May
WWCD Ltd.
CD 92.9 FM
Central Ohio's Alternative
1036 S. Front St.
Columbus, OH 43206
P - 614.221.9923
F - 614.227.0021
  www.cd929fm.com
LISTEN LIVE"

Neat!!!! The last response that I've gotten was when that Ft. Wayne, IN 1620AM station was still on-air. That was like 7 years ago.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 0733 UTC by ThaDood »
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: WWCD 1580AM, by Columbus, OH, 03:11UTC, and e-mail RSVP!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 0039 UTC »
Nice to see that you got a reply, most won't answer the phone or return a e-mail.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan