We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Texas Radio SW (Fake) 6933 USB 0015 UTC 1 May 2021  (Read 2589 times)

Offline raypfaff

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Radio SW (?) 6933 USB 0015 UTC 1 May 2021
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 0057 UTC »
S7 0055, Just caught the end of it.  "This is Texas Radio Shortwave.  Captain Rick signing off", followed by some music.
0057 "Hello Hello, this is a radio test... thank you" twice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 0105 UTC by raypfaff »
Chantilly, Va. IC-R75 attached to longwire antenna.  Most IDs by Shazam (or Google), eQSLs appreciated at ed.fink111(at)gmail(dot)com

Offline Markokpik

• DXing Phenomena
  • Cambridge, Wi.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 0105 UTC »
0043 Risque country song, Capt. Rick with ID into "Oh boy," another ID and bit of smart talk into another song, ID and signing off, pirate quartet a capella, "If you can't hear me stick your finger in your eye ..." over / under chanting / singing, off 0058.

S7 here.  Best I've heard TRSW so far.
Mark Taylor
Cambridge, Wi. (20 miles SE of Madison)
markokpik@gmail.com
Perseus, Elad FDM S2, Airspy HF+ & Discovery, e1, bunch of portables; W6LVP antenna
Music identified with help from Shazam.

Offline Big Badfish Al

• DXing Phenomena
  • Central Pennsylvania
  • FFFR and 73's mateys
    • View Profile
    • Email
Texas Radio Shortwave 6933 USB 0015 UTC 1 May 2021
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 0303 UTC »
Listen back to the tape and their email is:

Texas Radio Shortwave texasradiosw@gmail.com

NO FREAKING QUESTION MARK THERE. IT WAS TEXAS RADIO SHORTWAVE FRANK.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 1350 UTC by Big Badfish Al »
Reciever: Degen DE-1103

PSE-QSL to big_badfish_al@proton.me Note new email address.
Listening to pirate radio since 1980 on the EAST COAST USA - located in Central PA USA
73's and FFFR 
Favorite stations of the past were WDX, KPRC, KQRP,  Radio Clandestine, Radio Newyork International, and The Electric Budda.

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 1405 UTC »
I sent a reception report to the email address given and the "real" Texas Shortwave International said that it was not them. They only broadcast on the international broadcasters Channel 292, WRMI, and WBCQ.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline texas1dxer

• Austin, Texas
  • Texas Radio Shortwave
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 1412 UTC »
(From Cap'n Ric)

"This was not Texas Radio Shortwave, but you already knew that!  Although TRSW has roots in pirate radio, our legitimate programs are NOW aired ONLY on international shortwave stations like Channel 292, WRMI, and WBCQ.

The ID given "Texas Shortwave Radio International" or "Texas Shortwave International" should have been a clue.  We know our name!

In the past, we asked a pirate station to relay our inaugural program, but that won't happen this year.  While we trust that station we don't want any confusion about what's broadcast and feel it best to stay away from pirate relays.

It's easy to record portions of our real programs from international shortwave stations or find old programs aired on pirate radio or even fake voices and announcements.  Hearing our email address doesn't mean you hear a real program.

We appreciate a good satire, and perhaps whoever's airing these would be brave enough to announce who they are so listeners could request an eQSL from THAT station.  TRSW won't verify these broadcasts."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 2201 UTC by texas1dxer »
Pse eQSL to texas1dxer@gmail.com.  Thank you!

Unless otherwise noted, the receiver is my KiwiSDR colocated with W3HFU, Westminster, MD, USA.

'Home" receiver for European low-power radio stations is the SDXF KiwiSDR at Skane, Sweden, unless otherwise noted.

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 1514 UTC »
Interesting report by Ray that he caught "Hello, hello, this is a radio check," repeated at 057. That's precisely the recorded OM voice I heard on 6925 at 2345, when someone was on the same frequency as the relay of the Voice of Pancho Villa.

All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline Big Badfish Al

• DXing Phenomena
  • Central Pennsylvania
  • FFFR and 73's mateys
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 1537 UTC »
Interesting there Molvania Poacher. Maybe this is the same person whom is relaying unauthorized recordings of the Voice of Pancho Villa that Captain Ganga does not WANT relayed. I would guess that is the same person that is continues to relay Captain Ganga's recordings and is ruining the station's creditable name in the DX world. That is my two cents. I heard Captain Ganga was very upset to the people whom relayed his old programs WITHOUT his permission to. Who knows.
Reciever: Degen DE-1103

PSE-QSL to big_badfish_al@proton.me Note new email address.
Listening to pirate radio since 1980 on the EAST COAST USA - located in Central PA USA
73's and FFFR 
Favorite stations of the past were WDX, KPRC, KQRP,  Radio Clandestine, Radio Newyork International, and The Electric Budda.

Offline raypfaff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2021, 2325 UTC »
Following up, I got a similar message:
"This is NOT TRSW.

You'll know when you hear TRSW because we'll be on international broadcasters Channel 292, WRMI, and WBCQ.

73 and Arrgghh.

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a pirate.  Then always be a pirate.

Texas Radio Shortwave
Sailing into your ears from the Lone Star State"
Chantilly, Va. IC-R75 attached to longwire antenna.  Most IDs by Shazam (or Google), eQSLs appreciated at ed.fink111(at)gmail(dot)com

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns