We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Lab599 Discovery TX-500? Yeah, I want one!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Lab599 Discovery TX-500? Yeah, I want one!
« on: May 01, 2021, 1859 UTC »
Damn!!!! This looks like something that you'd might expect from Harris RF.     https://lab599.com/       And, of course, revisit where I've read about this,    https://swling.com/blog/2021/05/updates-return-of-the-lab599-discovery-tx-500-qrper-com-and-youtube/#comment-666430
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline syfr

• View Profile
Re: Lab599 Discovery TX-500? Yeah, I want one!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 1146 UTC »
Now that does look interesting!

Still looks like vaporware at the moment, but there's hope. The Rx efficiency is impressive (100mA)
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 1217 UTC »
Ham Radio Outlet is shipping them.  One of the local hams has one, got it last week.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 1219 UTC by NJQA »

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 1936 UTC »
How does he / she like it?   I'll have to go hunt for a review.
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 1131 UTC »
I don’t know; he hasn’t posted anything yet.  He briefly showed it during the last club meeting (a VTC in lieu of an in person meeting).  I agree, it looks very interesting and I want to know more too.