Loggings > HF Beacons

4100.04 KHz "H"

(1/5) > >>

Teotwaki:
I was looking around with the KFS SE kiwi and spotted this beacon sending four dits

zeak:
This one seems to be in and out maybe propagation maybe experimentation....also see "H and D they are back" (04_29_21) down the log. I've been hearing "H" since late September of last year from this location.

Today from this location "H" is barely copy-able, but sometimes ~0500Z it gets up to 579-589. Tonight, at 0230Z its 449 at best.

Receiver KiwiSDR
Ant: 80m dipole at 15m

Token:
Anyone notice the chirps on the dits?

T!

zeak:
Yes, I have noticed the chirps from time to time and I say that still without being able to identify whether the chirp is a product of backscatter, transition though the gray zone or an honest to goodness chirp.

I’ve determined that Beacon H is not ground wave to me at this location as is Windy and the Whooper beacon seem to be, so I treat the H beacon as something different and its signal which fades in with sunset here and fades out with sunrise indicating that it is not D-layer propagation. H beacon is kind of a puzzle to me that I’ve been playing with since first copying it in September of 2020.

Receiver KiwiSDR
Ant: 80m dipole at 15m

dogman:
This morning H is solid copy but I notice the space between the id is now very small time wise.
Also on the NUT sdr about the same signal strength as 4094

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version