We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Test Driving the Russia-Made Malahit DSP-2: SWLing rip.  (Read 1567 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Looks like the Russian have taken thing up a notch in DSP / SDR based receivers.    https://swling.com/blog/2021/07/guest-post-and-review-test-driving-the-russia-made-malahit-dsp-2/   
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline dxace1

• DXing Phenomena
  • Potomac MD
  • PLEASE eQSL to: dxace1@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Test Driving the Russia-Made Malahit DSP-2: SWLing rip.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 1749 UTC »
I try to write these reviews in a way that gives a good impression
of the pros and cons.  The one major issue with the Malahit/Malachite
Russian version, and I have to think this holds true for the Chinese-made
ones as well, is the internally-generated noise, which they are working on.
Hopefully, future versions will tacklet this.  But for now, it is nice to have
a receiver like this with so many audio and other features.  Noise Reduction
alone is worth the price of admission.
Dan in Potomac, MD (USA)  eQSL to:  dxace1@gmail.com

Receivers: Skanti R-8001, WJ 8718AMFP/8711A/8709/8712P, JRC NRD-630/301A/93, NRD-505/545/515, Drake R8/8B/SPR-4/R-7A, RFT EKD-515, ITT MacKay 3041A, McKay Dymek DR33-C6, AEG 1800/3, Racal RA-1792, Cubic 3280/2400, R&S EK-056/070/085/896/200, ICOM 71A/8500/8600/9000, Elad DuoR, AOR 7030, Lowe HF-250, Ten Tec RX-350, Yaesu FRG-8800/100, Collilns 51S-1

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
dxace1, ya bull's-eyed that one dude!   https://swling.com/blog/category/reviews/   Oooops....
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.