We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UnId 6925U  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Markokpik

• DXing Phenomena
  • Cambridge, Wi.
    • View Profile
    • Email
UnId 6925U
« on: September 26, 2012, 0231 UTC »
UnId, 6925 USB, 0204+, 9/26/12.  Non English dance music w/ difficult to understand talk in between.  Not able to make out an ID, although at 0225 there was a little piece with numbers like section between songs.
- Just reviewed the 0223 ID sequence recording & it sounds like Farley's below.  I couldn't make out the Yahoo addy.

0237 Announcement, "Smoke on the Water" in presumed Portuguese with English chorus, followed by the same announcer - pretty sure the language is Portuguese.
0240 Distorted drop in might have been an ID

Fair - good.

Interesting music.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 0258 UTC by Markokpik »
Mark Taylor
Cambridge, Wi. (20 miles SE of Madison)
Perseus, Elad FDM S2, Airspy HF+ & Discovery, e1, bunch of portables; W6LVP antenna
Music identified with help from Shazam.

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UnId 6925U
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 0237 UTC »
Hearing this too. S5-S9 signal with frequent fades. Heard some mention of Brazil and the language sounds like it could be
Portuguese.

0234z - A muzak version of Smoke On The Water

Z
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 0241 UTC »
Since 0201 s/on.  Eclectic blend of music;  quite cool.

At 0223 an ID and addy were given in a synth voice which is very difficult to understand.  Reviewing audio "This is K O S M O S, a real a 100% Venezuelan pirate.  If you want a QSL from us please write to dyno (tango?) <diversity>? november alpha victor echo kilo oscar sierra malta oscar sierra  <at hotmail?> dot com or <pirate?>  yahoo dot com"

0311 off after clear "Tu Nave Kosmos" ID.

S9+ here.

Thanks!  Enjoyed it!

FWIW, tunavekosmos at hotmail dot com bounces (ref http://www.schoechi.de/pwdb-emb.html)
A test email to tunavekosmos at yahoo dot com did not bounce.

Got a chance to listen to the 2nd half of the show in a bit more detail, and some further program items:

0235 Smoke on the Water - sounded like a samba version from time to time.
0245 "KOSMOS News"
0249 "Pirate Radio News" about a DXer who wants his QSL or else return his IRC.
0305 Some English phrases "Something bad for one's reputation...", and "Something good.  Nice!"  I don't understand the context yet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 2153 UTC by jFarley »
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline dsnider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 0242 UTC »
I heard Kosmos a real Venezuelan pirate earlier but couldn't make out the email address.
SDRplay RSP1 and longwire

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 0402 UTC »
BTW, the op is very friendly & has QSLed in the past
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 1538 UTC »
SDR recording catch.  Clear ID at 0223z, but overall fair to poor reception. Possible ID by OM at 0311z, the voice was difficult to make out, and then off.

FWIW: The email address is very similar to the partial address I copied from the Radio Ice Cream relay the other day ("t?navekospos?@hotmail.com")
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 1613 UTC »
Recorder catch:

6925 USB SIO 423

Good signal with some fading at times getting through the noisy conditions tonight - similar details as others.

02:00z-0311z KOSMO Radio

Audio (complete tx): http://archive.org/download/ShortwavePirateRadioCont/KosmosRadio6925Usb020z-0311z09-26-12.mp3

Chris, I went back and listened to my recording from RIC the other night and pulled this from the announcment at the end of that broadcast:

"...this is K O S M O A...a real a one hundred percent Venezuelan pirate...if you want a QSL from us please write to tango university november alpha victor echo kilo oscar siera malta oscar siera at hot mail dot com or at yahoo dot com..."

Not sure why there's an 'A' mentioned after KOSMO - the phonetics are interesting with what sounds like 'university' for 'U' & 'malta' for 'M'?  Made a short mp3 of the ID & email addy if it helps:
http://archive.org/download/ShortwavePirateRadioCont/KosmoRadioId_emailAddy.mp3
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 1703 UTC by Sealord »
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline clobdell

• Global Moderator
  • DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 2318 UTC »
After listening to my recording the email seems to be: tunavekosmos@hotmail.com or yahoo.com. He seemed to be using Malta for M?? in the phonetic alphabet.
Nice signal here in Massachusetts.  As Andy Yoder says, he is a nice guy and I've had CD copies of his shows in the past that he has sent me.
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Offline BDM

• S/E Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 0545 UTC »
Hi gents. I caught a fairly good recording of it. Here is the link. I'm confused, does he say KOSMOA (stated in the beginning) or KOSMOS (stated in the end)??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsF7CABtcPU

-Brian
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 0556 UTC by BDM »
Radios -- Perseus SDR // SDRPlay RSPdx // Icom IC-7300 // Tecsun PL-660 // Panasonic RF-5000A --Antennas-- Pixel Pro 1B loop - 82' fan-dipole at 40' - tuned MW/BCB 40" loop and 100' receive only dipole
-Brian--North of Detroit--MI-
1710/KHz the MW Pirate Clear Channel (not so much anymore "sigh")

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 0733 UTC »
Yes, just searched through the e-mail archives & it's tunavekosmos/ at / hotmail <dot> com

Among other things, he said "Thanks for all your comments and it's good to know that you have also liked the Smoke On the Water tropical version. It is a German band and we love to play that kind of music on the air.
Kosmos is a FM pirate station which began transmissions on February, 1993. We broadcast music in all languages in pop, rock, jungle, dance, reggae nu-jazz and other music styles. Our promos and ads are always playing with funny things and humour. The software to edit our programmes is Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and the software to play back-to-back music on the air is Raduga."
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V