We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissable in your locale.

Author Topic: Elsa  (Read 135 times)

Offline NQC

• Boston,MA
    • View Profile
Elsa
« on: July 10, 2021, 1134 UTC »
Hey All,

Elsa summary here : Not too bad-Gust 67 Cape Cod, almost NO wind at Boston, gust 25 (maybe). Some isolated boats pulled  off moorings /run  aground.

Rain : Only 2" here in the city, but nearby Wellesly had  4.47".

Boston from   the 1st to the 10th July had 7.9 " of rain.

Still "taking on" water here , but not "disappointed" by Elsa's low rainfall total either. We  now need Sun    and more water later (which we may get this week).

At end of storm , vivid deep blue  clearing line pushed up from the SW. Low clouds cruising right along, mid / high clouds had  little movement.Interesting.

Entire storm edge visible when started to clear- Dark precipitation clouds to North, deep blue to SW.Nice.

K
Station main receiver : Bed springs to  blue razor blade detector to 2000 ohm cans to steam  radiator. Grid FN 42

Offline Chris Lobdell

• DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Elsa
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 0124 UTC »
About 3 inches in Tewksbury which it about 18 miles to the northwest of Boston. No wind at all. All the wind was on the east side of the storm track.
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Offline NQC

• Boston,MA
    • View Profile
Re: Elsa
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 1332 UTC »
Hey Chris,

Good to see a "neighbor" in here.

Elsa was kind of a bust, but that's OK.  Quabbin Reservoir (Boston's water  supply) approaching /or at 100% capacity, which I believe is  a 2 year supply.

We now need Sun for my garden , we are good for now on water.

K
Station main receiver : Bed springs to  blue razor blade detector to 2000 ohm cans to steam  radiator. Grid FN 42