We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Shortwave Logs From Alaska  (Read 375 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shortwave Logs From Alaska
« on: July 22, 2021, 0612 UTC »
I dont really have the time, care or energy to post long detailed Shortwave logs but I thought some of y'all would like to hear what I've heard from McGrath, Alaska using my Tecsun PL880 and 2 tunable Doxytronics loops. I've recently uploaded 58 clips which i've put in their own google drive folder.

Of particular note... listen to how strong the BBC english broadcasts can be.. beamed from Ascension Island, Wooferton UK or Oman to somewhere in Africa. Also, Brazil on 11780khz can be VERY good here and Saudi on 15170 form Riydah is particular good at times.

Here's my audio link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AiOSQmFaby1PiynKvIRRggPebT8dgtSu?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 0617 UTC by PaulBWalkerJr »
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!