Loggings > North American Shortwave Pirate

Please read: format for logging message subject

<< < (2/3) > >>

glassaudioguy:
At least at the beginning of the thread that would be helpful.

n0loh:
May I also suggest you give us your region and the relative strength of the signal, please?

ChrisSmolinski:

--- Quote from: n0loh on April 24, 2017, 0747 UTC ---May I also suggest you give us your region and the relative strength of the signal, please?

--- End quote ---

This is an excellent idea. Actually, every user can put their location in their signature. Click PROFILE in the menu, and then Forum Profile Information, and set it there.

UncleJohn:

thanks.

MDK2:

--- Quote from: Shawndx on February 04, 2014, 2305 UTC ---I was wondering if the whole name of the station should be posted. Newer listeners might not know what RFW or RTN means.

--- End quote ---

I know this is several years late, but I for one wholeheartedly endorse this idea and believe it ought to be a rule. Posts should take the position that whomever is reading is doing so in a state of abject ignorance, and that you can't be too complete. Abbreviations for station names that don't ID in abbreviations makes newbies either confused or in need of being told that, for example, "RFW" is Radio Free Whatever. (Using that example because while Drunken DJ, to cite someone who uses two names and ID's as "WDDR", Radio Free Whatever ID's only as Radio Free Whatever.)

I'll add that this original post mentions RTN, and after 7 years of shortwave pirate radio listening I couldn't say what RTN is.

This as been my TED talk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version