We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Beacon "RF" Back On The Air 13564.4 CW  (Read 1675 times)

Finman

Beacon "RF" Back On The Air 13564.4 CW
« on: August 14, 2021, 1139 UTC »
Beacon "RF" back on the air after a 2 year hiatus.  8)

13564.4 CW

EM96

Offline syfr

• View Profile
Re: Beacon "RF" Back On The Air 13564.4 CW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 1628 UTC »
Thanks! Will give it a listen
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline Prairiedog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 1648 UTC »
Finman, are you running CW with a dash after some number of IDs?  I'm seeing a signal like that on a waterfall display in the mid to late morning hours, but I haven't been able to copy the ID yet.  It's around 13564.590 most of the time.

Also, can you narrow down your QTH a bit?  EM96 is kind of a big place. Even knowing which state you're in would help.  Thanks.

Finman

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 1725 UTC »
Finman, are you running CW with a dash after some number of IDs?  I'm seeing a signal like that on a waterfall display in the mid to late morning hours, but I haven't been able to copy the ID yet.  It's around 13564.590 most of the time.

Also, can you narrow down your QTH a bit?  EM96 is kind of a big place. Even knowing which state you're in would help.  Thanks.

Yes, that's the format, sounds like you heard (saw) it. Maybe an indication that conditions are beginning to improve. EM96VE is the location. It would also help to know your QTH. Last report was on a north south path... just wondering if it made it a bit west this time.

Thanks for listening and please post again if you copy the ID.

Offline Prairiedog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 0602 UTC »
Last report was on a north south path... just wondering if it made it a bit west this time.

Well, if 833 miles counts as a bit, then yes.  :)

According to the NĜUK grid calculator, that's how far west my QTH in eastern Kansas is from you....nearly due west, in fact, less than 1° north of your latitude.

I don't get to listen but about once a week at present, but I'll keep an eye and ear out.

Finman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 1842 UTC »
Thanks Prairiedog. That's good news! I appreciate the report. An updated transmitter and antenna are in the works...  :D :D

Last report was on a north south path... just wondering if it made it a bit west this time.

Well, if 833 miles counts as a bit, then yes.  :)

According to the NĜUK grid calculator, that's how far west my QTH in eastern Kansas is from you....nearly due west, in fact, less than 1° north of your latitude.

I don't get to listen but about once a week at present, but I'll keep an eye and ear out.