We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Part #15 TX'ing on the 11M Int BC Band?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Part #15 TX'ing on the 11M Int BC Band?
« on: September 05, 2021, 1832 UTC »
Question... With all that mostly unused spectrum in the 11M International Broadcast band, from 25.670MHz - 26.100MHz, has anyone tried actual Part #15 tests and broadcasts there? About the only thing that I hear down there, anymore, are CB outbanders. I haven't heard those broadcast auxiliary FM stations there for a couple of years, at least. Yeah... Sucks about the Part #15 FS limit of 30uV, measured at 30M, (If I read that right.), but it would be interesting to see just how much of an area that could actually cover.   
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 0331 UTC by ThaDood »
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline RobRich

• DX Legend
  • Tampa, FL USA
    • View Profile
Re: Part #15 TX'ing on the 11M Int BC Band?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 2241 UTC »
Beyond part 15, I have inquired before about possible pirate radio activity on or near the 11m broadcast band. It is a good daytime band for at least part of the year, requires a relatively small antenna, and it is mostly vacant except for the already noted 11m CB freebanders.
Tampa, FL USA | US Map Grid EL88
Airspy HF+ Discovery | KiwiSDR 2 | 2x Msi2500 Msi001 | 2x RTL-SDR V3 + NE602 | 2x RTL-SDR V4
148' Loop-on-Ground | 31' Vertical | 18' End-Fed Vertical | 9' NCPL | PA0NHC MiniWhip

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns