We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Steps to set the internal clock on a Malachite SDR  (Read 2846 times)

Offline JustGreg

• DX Legend
  • Oakdale, Connecticut USA or FN31
    • View Profile
Steps to set the internal clock on a Malachite SDR
« on: September 07, 2021, 2232 UTC »
The Malachite SDR has an internal clock that is displayed.  However, there are no instructions on how to set it.  I have
found how to set the clock by accident.  Here is how to do it:

Long press HARD button to enter the time setting, then rotate the volume encoder to increase or decrease the number, and press inward to switch which moves to the next entry value.   When finished, press and hold the encoder, and release it when the beep sounds.

I hope this is a help to others that have the Malachite SDR.  It is a nice receiver, but, the documentation for it is limited.
Enjoy Life, JustGreg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
AirSpy HF + Discovery with GQRX software
40 meter End Fed Half Wave with 49 to 1 transformer.
frw.greg@gmail.com

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: Steps to set the internal clock on a Malachite SDR
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 2339 UTC »
Have you been to this dude's site?      https://www.qsl.net/n9ewo/malahit.html      This is a very tempting receiver, indeed.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline JustGreg

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 0009 UTC »
Thanks for reply.  I did look at the web site.  My version is a Chinese clone, but it has  registered software,  It works fairly well.  As far as the lack of dynamic range, I found enabling the Digital Mixer GR help to reduce the intermodulation products.   You also need to increase the RF gain a bit.  I am using my receiver with a 50 foot end fed random wire antenna.  I have no problem listening to Free Radio stations.'
Enjoy Life, JustGreg
frw.greg@gmail.com

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 1636 UTC »
Thanks, guys.   Just got my MALACHIT SDR V3  a few days ago and am  still working my way through it cuz, like you mentioned, no manual.  Hooked it up to a YOULOOP and so far , so good
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline dxace1

• DXing Phenomena
  • Potomac MD
  • PLEASE eQSL to: dxace1@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 1655 UTC »
The V3 in this format, with the speaker to the left, knobs at the right, is indeed probably the best of the clones at this point.  If you get the upgradeable version, the receiver can be updated to 1.10D which is the latest for the DSP-1 Russian Malahit receiver.  As usual, STM32 Cube is a bit challenging to figure out for the newcomer.  Sometimes, the update will proceed normally with a "successful" confirmation.  Other times you have to disconnect and reconnect, or restart STM32Cube. 
Dan in Potomac, MD (USA)  eQSL to:  dxace1@gmail.com

Receivers: Skanti R-8001, WJ 8718AMFP/8711A/8709/8712P, JRC NRD-630/301A/93, NRD-505/545/515, Drake R8/8B/SPR-4/R-7A, RFT EKD-515, ITT MacKay 3041A, McKay Dymek DR33-C6, AEG 1800/3, Racal RA-1792, Cubic 3280/2400, R&S EK-056/070/085/896/200, ICOM 71A/8500/8600/9000, Elad DuoR, AOR 7030, Lowe HF-250, Ten Tec RX-350, Yaesu FRG-8800/100, Collilns 51S-1

Offline JustGreg

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 2204 UTC »
I have some operation notes.  If there is interest in them, then please tell me and will post them after I clean them up.
Enjoy Life, JustGreg
frw.greg@gmail.com

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns