Loggings > 22 Meter Band HiFER Beacons

FJB

(1/3) > >>

dogman:
Been coping FJB on KFS sdr the past couple of days...often qso quality.
frequency 13563.45 khz  the old id was single letter T.  Now upgraded to FJB.

Prairiedog:
Is this our moderator's beacon T revised and upgraded, then?

Dave Richards:
I've heard FJB a couple of times in the last few days, very clearly, with a handheld Belka DX receiver with the set-top whip antenna, in the Eastern California desert.

According to this page, it is operated by Bill Hensel AA0RQ, from his QTH in Colorado. He also talks about it on his QRZ page, for those who have a log-in for QRZ.

https://www.lwca.net/sitepage/part15/calllist.html

I'll put in a more detailed report in about a week, when I return home from my trip, but it was a thrill to hear it. It was the first Part 15 beacon I have heard, apart from my own.

Dave Richards:
Here are my loggings of FJB, all from the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA with a handheld Belka-DX receiver and the set-top whip.

10/25/2021 0045z 13563.47 KHz Deep QSB which took the signal from a very clear 2 or 3 S units in strength, to completely unreadable. It was magical to hear the signal rise so clearly out of the noise on a little handheld receiver and whip antenna. Pretty good for 588 miles as the crow flies, and a handful of milliwatts!

10/25/2021 2005z 13563.53 KHz An estimated S1, but low band noise, and very clear.

It's hard for me to zero beat on this receiver, so the above frequencies are my best estimates. I would like a small, portable receiver that can easily zero beat signals, as well as one which has a narrow bandpass filter, but I don't feel like shelling out for a KX2.

dogman:
Dave,
Thanks for posting your report regarding FJB. 
As I type this FJB is transmitting on a sloping dipole. 
I'ts power source is a battery.
73 Bill  Colorado AA0RQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version