Technical Topics > SDR - Software Defined Radio

SDRplay RSP2 software (Non SDRuno)

(1/2) > >>

Elf36:
What are some other software options for RSP2 other than SDRuno? It's not that I think SDRuno is bad or anything, just wondering if any one uses other software and if so, why? Thanks

RobRich:
SDR Console to offload FFT processing to a compatible GPU via Cuda or OpenCL. Lots of features. Great performance with relatively modern hardware.

Much of my SDR usage is via SDRSharp if using a Windows system. I am simply used to the interface, and most options can be hid away if not continuously needed. AFAIK, it should support the RSP2 by copying the proper SDRPlay extio to its directory.

I often use SDRangel if using a Linux system. It might not have some advanced features, but it is plenty capable for skimming the bands. It is also supports OpenGL hardware acceleration that benefits my old Linux notebook with an AMD Jaguar proc.

Elf36:
I think I may have seen a screen shot the other day, that's typically used for Airspy and it seemed a bit simpler than SDRuno. I just printed out an SDRuno how to guide. Guess I need to do more reading and watch more videos. There are probably some features that would be very handy if I took the time to learn.

liduck:
HDSDR also, just make sure the extio is current.  Sometimes I have to cycle through the antenna inputs to make sure it's set properly.  Also use SDRConsole.

Elf36:
Ok thanks for the info. I did take some time to read some of the SDRuno how to stuff. The frequency input was one of the issues I was trying to figure out. I think I got that worked out. I'm currently not getting any sound when the receiver is on. I'm thinking it's likely a PC issue I'll have to work through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version