Technical Topics > SDR - Software Defined Radio

SDRplay RSP2 software (Non SDRuno)

<< < (2/2)

RobRich:
Yeah, SDRSharp is developed by Airspy. It works quite nicely with various SDRs, including inexpensive RTL-SDR dongles. It has more features than at first glance, as many are in selectable and tabbed menus, plus there are several community plugins available.

I will toss another upvote for HDSDR, especially if wanting to get right into receiving without a bunch of clutter and rarely used features in the way. It was my go to SDR software back in the day for my now comparatively ancient Soft66LC4 and later RTL-SDRs.

I have to yet to use it, but I know SDR++ has been making recent rounds at SDR news and info sites.

--- Quote ---SDR++ is a cross-platform and open source SDR software with the aim of being bloat free and simple to use.

Source: https://github.com/AlexandreRouma/SDRPlusPlus
--- End quote ---

MDK2:
SDR Sharp isn't compatible with any SDRplay RSP unless you have an old version of it (sorry, I couldn't tell you which version that would be). I think there's info on forums and possibly downloads available there, but not directly from Airspy. They had a snit and decided not to allow compatibility. But if using Windows, HDSDR and SDR Console are two of the best options. SDRuno is improving and will be made available on macOS and Linux when they get around to version 2.0 (no timetable for that, my guess is at least a year away and probably closer to two).

Josh:
My gotos for rsp are hdsdr and console, with console winning due to stability and vrx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version