We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Busy night on 11175 USB.  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Busy night on 11175 USB.
« on: November 15, 2012, 0046 UTC »
Happened to switch the radio on tonight, and it was already tuned to 11175 KHz USB for some milair action. Immediately heard a lot of activity, with multiple mentions of an "incident". Highlights/callsigns:

- 0034 UTC: Callsigns RARE BIRD, FIRE OPAL (tentative via Token) and HUSKER 25 discussing an "incident". RARE BIRD seems to be a control point.

- 0036 UTC: Mention of ORDER WIRE and burning (presumably UHF) by an unknown call.

- 0037 UTC: OFFUT joins the fray with a quick check in with HUSKER 25.

- 0039 UTC: UNID with NZ/AUS/UK accent says "you're loud and clear here" or something to that effect.

- 0040 UTC: PUERTO RICO responding to "460" who needs a DSN phone patch (number omitted). DSN op is ANDY. 460 is nearly impossible to hear. ANDY mentions nothing specific except a "gas and go".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 0211 UTC by Beerus Maximus »
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: Busy night on 11175 USB.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 0204 UTC »
- 0204 UTC: BOEING AIRCRAFT 3562 calling ANY STATION for a radio check; raises PUERTO RICO for a successful check.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: Busy night on 11175 USB.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 0207 UTC »
- 0207 UTC: SKULL 23 (B-52H) calling ANY STATION for a radio check.
- 0209 UTC: SKULL 23 calling SKULL 24 for a radio check. SKULL 24 briefly tunes up and replies. Both have each other loud and clear. Both are very loud at my location, too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 0210 UTC by Beerus Maximus »