We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Off topic posts on the logging board  (Read 1092 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Off topic posts on the logging board
« on: November 14, 2021, 1701 UTC »
The past few weeks (months?) there's been some sort of over-the-air spat between several operators and board members. The details don't matter, and really are not that interesting anyway, nor are the broadcasts  :)

The purpose of the HFU Logging board is to post logs of pirate broadcasts. Not to engage in other activities, including but not limited to disrespectful comments directed to or about other members.

Loggings of these broadcasts are certainly on topic, although I would expect HFU members to have the common sense to self-edit their postings, and know what not to post. Snide comments back and forth however are never on topic, nor welcome here.

I've been otherwise occupied recently (you know, earning the money that keeps the HFU running, and mundane things like that), so my apologies for not addressing this earlier. But now they've got my attention.

I will be going through the posts and moving some as necessary to the Group W Bench, where misfit posts end up.

Any such future posts will likewise get moved, and the offenders may find their posting privileges restricted, and in some cases their accounts terminated.  The HFUnderground is a community for radio hobbyists, not the middle school playground.

73, and Good DX!
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
Re: Off topic posts on the logging board
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 1729 UTC »
Well stated, Chris.  Correcting someone whose postings are factually inaccurate (or one you don't agree with)  is prudent and there is a tactful approach to achieve the desired result.  If, for some inexplicable reason, an HFU member feels the need to be tempestuous and provocative there are countless other websites out there that thrive off inflammatory disrespect.  Thankfully,  HFU is not one of them. 
 Lets strive to keep it that way.
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline NQC

• Boston,MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 1319 UTC »
 Hey All ,

I second  Don.

I  have fled more than one  web site because of repeated nonsense . 

No time for  baloney , too  busy.

K
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 1321 UTC by NQC »
Station main receiver : Bed springs to  blue razor blade detector to 2000 ohm cans to steam  radiator. Grid FN 42

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 1344 UTC »
Thanks Chris
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 0213 UTC »
Thanks Chris.

Z
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net