We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Above Sea Level  (Read 3179 times)

jc1974

Above Sea Level
« on: November 19, 2012, 2112 UTC »
How far above sea level are you ? According to wiki.answers.dot.com, I am: 823 feet (250.85 metres) and 251 metres (823 feet and 5.89 inches) London, Ontario.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Above Sea Level
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 2235 UTC »
222.53 meters here, according to the Thunderbolt 10 MHz GPS reference I use with the netSDR.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

jc1974

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 2316 UTC »
I had a dream the other day. I just got off work, and was waiting at the bus stop and I started to hear this low rumbling. when I looked around, I saw this huge wave of water in the distant.

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 2323 UTC »
I had a dream once, where I ate a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 0141 UTC »
I had a dream once, where I ate a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

How did you get to be a moderator here, Al? Kidnap Chris' parents and put them in a hole in your basement?

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 0149 UTC »
1934.25 feet here more than enough to survive the big one when HAARP really gets things moving. ;)

I wonder how many people will die just from anticipation in  this year of our lord 2012 ?

Offline paranoid dxer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 0154 UTC »

How did you get to be a moderator here, Al? Kidnap Chris' parents and put them in a hole in your basement?
is that like a reference to Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs  ;)

Al you relly should lay off the marshmallows  ::)
"In the long run, the greatest weapon of mass destruction is stupidity.

"I believe in animal rights. They have the right to garlic, and butter." - Ted Nugent

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 0303 UTC »
More like Buffalo Bob in "Joe Dirt".

Fansome

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 0313 UTC »
Actually, I've been favorably compared to Daniel Craig, of the latest 007 flick.

Fansome

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 0640 UTC »
You're just jealous.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 1404 UTC »
"Buffalo Al won't you come out tonight."

jc1974

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 2351 UTC »
the weirdest dream I had was when I was fighting a zombie in a giant food grinder (with the spinning blades at the bottom). I got an arm & leg cut off, but the zombie guy got both legs cut off at the knees, that's when I was able to kick him in the face until he lost grip and slid down to the bottom and got chewed up into pieces by the blades.

Offline Billy the Mountain

• MO
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 1808 UTC »
How far above sea level are you ? According to wiki.answers.dot.com, I am: 823 feet (250.85 metres) and 251 metres (823 feet and 5.89 inches) London, Ontario.

Sitting or standing?
--
Somewhere in MO.
TR7/Sony 2010/SDRPlay/40m dipole/Various other aerials.
Ubuntu 14.04, FreeBSD 10.2, why am I putting OSs in my sig?

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 0136 UTC »
740 feet ASL here. Average for this area is about 650. My favorite hill for amateur radio VHF/UHF/microwave hilltopping, about 45 miles from home, is at 987 feet ASL.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns