We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6925 Wideband FM - Man lecturing in Spanish 10:30 AM UTC  (Read 2573 times)

Offline mr. mike

• West Coast
    • View Profile
6925 Wideband FM - Man lecturing in Spanish 10:30 AM UTC
« on: November 23, 2012, 0243 UTC »
A real weird one...6925 is nothing but noise, but when I switched over to Wideband FM, I hear a guy lecturing in Spanish. His speech sounds like a religious lecture. At 10:39 there was a bit of piano music. Is this a station or some sort of bleedover from another station? Radio used was an Icom 706II using an indoor wire antenna.
"I will not be filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered." - Number 6

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: 6925 Wideband FM - Man lecturing in Spanish 10:30 AM UTC
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 0925 UTC »
Don't quote me, but that kind of sounds like WWCR on 6875 throwing spurs again.  I know some of their religious programming is in Spanish, and they've been known to splatter spurs around the higher end of 6mHz. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 1157 UTC »
Don't quote me, but that kind of sounds like WWCR on 6875 throwing spurs again.  I know some of their religious programming is in Spanish, and they've been known to splatter spurs around the higher end of 6mHz. 

Yes, WWCR is infamous for splattering all over 43 meters: http://www.hfunderpants.com/?p=741
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

cmradio

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 1659 UTC »
Ffffuuuu.... discount technicians or can we blame the whole damn right wing for that? :o

And amateurs go "BAWWW! BAWWW!" over ESSB ::)

Peace!

Offline mr. mike

• West Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 0056 UTC »
Five minutes ago while monitoring the frequency in WFM, I heard a distorted voice rattling off NATO alphanumerics. As with the other transmission, I could not hear it in SSB.

[Forgot to add: used same radio, Icom 706II.]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 0642 UTC by mr. mike »

Offline mr. mike

• West Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 0331 UTC »
Right now it's back to the Spanish guy, tuned it down in AM mode and the people who blamed it on WWCR are dead on.

As for the military(?) guy, you have me.