We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KiwiSDR v1.515 Improvements  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
KiwiSDR v1.515 Improvements
« on: May 02, 2022, 1903 UTC »
I noticed some nice improvements over the weekend.

There are now two VFOs available (A and B) and what they call a "memory menu" (what I would call a "memory stack", where the frequencies get pushed down a stacked list). The latter was available before but reaching the different frequencies is now more strightforward.

Also, I had been having some problems with the frequency display over the past month or two where only the rightmost 3-4 digits were readily viewable often. I thought it was because of my new laptop and/or my display resolution selections but then I saw it on other computers. I use Firefox most of the time and it look like there was a fix for that made recently.

https://forum.kiwisdr.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2598/v1-515-control-panel-changes-mobile-device-improvements
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 0313 UTC by Charlie_Dont_Surf »
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
Re: KiwiSDR v1.515 Improvements
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 0249 UTC »
Also, software version 1.471 added HFDL decode capability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Data_Link
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."