We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: New Line of Transmitters from Stretchyman.  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
New Line of Transmitters from Stretchyman.
« on: March 05, 2019, 1644 UTC »
stretchyman2k@googlemail.com

I’m just about to start a new build of 50 Transmitters and have decided to do 3 variants.

1; 12W, Fixed frequency but changeable by swapping out CPP oscillator, Hammond 1590BBSBK case (small), Direct PWM modulator. 200KHz B/W below 3MHz and 500KHz B/W upto 8MHz. 24V. $200. Audio response 20Hz - 10KHz. Ideal for 12V (3W carrier) and using leaky feeder antenna for broadcasting around the home.
2; 20W, Fixed frequency but changeable by swapping out CPP oscillator, Hammond 1590XBK case, PWM modulator and Modulation tran (custom), 200KHz B/W below 3MHz and 500KHz B/W upto 8MHz. 14V. $250. Audio response 100Hz - 7KHz.
3; 50W, Programmable frequency (programmer supplied), Hammond 1590XBK case, PWM modulator and Modulation tran (custom), integral fan, 200KHz B/W below 3MHz and 500KHz B/W upto 8MHz. 28V. $300. Audio response 300Hz - 7KHz.

ALL designs are single band (200m would be 1.4-1.6MHz or 1.6-1.8MHz, 43m would be 6.5-7.0 MHz, 48m would be 6.0-6.5MHz etc) Class D/E and VERY efficient, so ideal for battery/field operation.

Power level quoted is very conservative CARRIER power and peak power is 4 times this.

The CPP oscillators are dirt cheap (<$5). I’m happy to supply one particular frequency on most bands but if I can’t supply exactly what you need, you will have to purchase it yourself from DigiKey. I’ll supply 6925KHz ONLY for 43m. If this is a problem, please let me know! I can also provide a ‘Selection’ on request. I know there’s folk out there who are ‘Concerned’ that buying an oscillator on an ‘Illegal’ frequency will ring alarm bells and the feds will come a knockin’, please believe me they wont!
ALL transmitters have a rock steady carrier and have now decided to use CREE SiC devices for their ruggedness. The cases are straight from the manufacturer with all work done to ensure consistent quality.
All the Mod trannies are manufactured by a transformer manufacturer and are dipped in varnish.
Postage is ($30) tracked and signed for ANYWHERE in the world, I have never lost a unit in transit!
Paypal direct via friends and family to avoid fees. RFTEKdotLTDatVIRGINMEDIAdotCOM.
If you’re not sure and we haven’t done business before then using regular Paypal will incur an extra 10%. Will eventually put them up on eBay with a 20% surcharge.

ANY questions? Please ask.

Regards

Stretchy.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 1531 UTC by Stretchyman »
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline thevni

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Line of Transmitters from Stretchyman.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 2354 UTC »
Hello

I am interested in buying a class e transmitter

years ago i build my own tube transmitters  , and am looking to get back into it

appreciate any info

Thank You

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 0807 UTC »
I'm no longer allowed to advertise on here  :'(
so best to PM or email me at;

stretchyman2k@googlemail.com

For further info.

Cheers

Stretchy.

;)

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 1439 UTC »
I see from the advertisement in your signature you still have two models to choose from - do you still offer the FER-TX version?
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 1547 UTC »
Best to PM or email..

;)

Offline TRI International

• DXing Phenomena
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 0025 UTC »
I emailed  you looking for I said 50w but 100 would be nice. also send me the price for it as well and tnks ;D
We need another card to shut out the draught HW ABT URS?
Use Shazam app. to ID songs, listening direct Airspray RTL SDR , Ham It UP Plus connected to 2 V shape long wires  40ft. high with a MFJ 941C Antenna tuner
QSL to trlinternational@yahoo.com or  trlinternational@protonmail.com

Offline boston_strangler

• new england
  • The northeast big hammer transmitter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 2211 UTC »
any word on the 50s?
(3) 3-500z's for that clean broadcast sound
Flex 3000
Inverted V

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 1727 UTC »
Only sell 15 & 100 + not 'allowed' to advertise on here so best pm / email me.

Str.

;)