We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Pushka 6920 AM 0223 UTC 1 Dec 2021  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Pushka 6920 AM 0223 UTC 1 Dec 2021
« on: December 01, 2021, 0226 UTC »
0223 UTC I'm hearing threshold audio for the first time ever here.....If this is Radio Pushka I'm lovin it!
The opening didn't last long though  :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 1939 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline radiorandy

• FL
    • View Profile
    • Radio New Music Show on WBCQ's Radio Angela
Re: Radio Pushka tentative 6920 AM 0223 UTC 1 Dec 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 0235 UTC »
0223 UTC I'm hearing threshold audio for the first time ever here.....If this is Radio Pushka I'm lovin it!

At the 10:00 UTC hour this morning - logged weak AM on 6920 kHz signal playing music - never very strong and then faded out. Somebody posted that it sounded like Radio Pushka to them as well.

Right now, 0230, can barely detect carrier. Only occasional break through audio.

Any info on Radio Pushka?
Kenwood TS-590 / Multiband vertical antenna over
buried radial field plus numerous boat anchors and
portables with an evolving array of wire antennas.

I also host the "Radio New Music" show on WBCQ's Radio Angela Shortwave

email: randywithford@yahoo.com

... de WB9LUR in N Florida

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 0255 UTC »
Sadly my recording was not of sufficient quality for reporting, but this email address has worked for some reporters:  87.7fmradiopushka@gmail.com
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Radio Krasnoprudskoe

• Group W Bench
  • I am an idiot, I acknowledge that.
    • View Profile
    • Radio Pushka
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 0707 UTC »
 :DYay thank you! Skipmunk, any idea of what you heard or how the song sounded like? Yeah I am currently on a dipole and my stupid stretchy man transmitter doesn't have enough power to drive my 1kw tube amp. I am probably like 100 watts carrier maybe. But once my final exams are over i will install a splitter on my antenna system and run the vertical and the dipole at the same time to hopefully get more gain. Is it worth it though, will that help?
"Is pushka his technician?" - Radio Ga Ga
 "Get better modulation, stupid" - Radio Genix
а нука, какая песня сейчас играет на Радио?
https://radiopushka.site/?page=voteforsongs
вот пожалуйста!
можно еще закзать на прослушку;)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 1618 UTC »
Thanks for the posting Radio Pushka! I deleted my recording as the local noise level was just too much to even ID the genre....it sounded like a harder edged song....a driving beat but not regular techno. Hard to pin down without having Shazam for Windows anymore. I'll just have to keep on trying! I do not believe using a splitter to run both vertical and dipole will help much, if at all. The best way to go on 43 meters is a well constructed half wave cut for 6920 khz, and up as high as you can get it! The signals emanate perpendicular to the wire and are highly directional, so the orientation of the half wave determines how well you will be heard in a particular direction.

Offline Paul Turkk

• SW Michigan
    • View Profile
    • WFMU
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 0100 UTC »
0056  S5-6 on W Mont kiwi. Decent sound. "Foxy Lady"
Tnx for the broadcast
0101 R Pushka ID  ?...hates this station.

0108 See a slight sig on the WF in MI and bits of weak audio using usb.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 0113 UTC by Paul Turkk »
RSPdx / SDRUno, WB 1530LNP \ MLA-30 Loop,  Sirio SD-1300 Discone
SW Michigan, on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Pse Qsl:  pturkk at gmail dot com

WFMU.org  Freeform Radio at it's best

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 0134 UTC »
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline Paul Turkk

• SW Michigan
    • View Profile
    • WFMU
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 0142 UTC »
RSPdx / SDRUno, WB 1530LNP \ MLA-30 Loop,  Sirio SD-1300 Discone
SW Michigan, on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Pse Qsl:  pturkk at gmail dot com

WFMU.org  Freeform Radio at it's best

Offline Radio Krasnoprudskoe

• Group W Bench
  • I am an idiot, I acknowledge that.
    • View Profile
    • Radio Pushka
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 0536 UTC »
Thanks for the posting Radio Pushka! I deleted my recording as the local noise level was just too much to even ID the genre....it sounded like a harder edged song....a driving beat but not regular techno. Hard to pin down without having Shazam for Windows anymore. I'll just have to keep on trying! I do not believe using a splitter to run both vertical and dipole will help much, if at all. The best way to go on 43 meters is a well constructed half wave cut for 6920 khz, and up as high as you can get it! The signals emanate perpendicular to the wire and are highly directional, so the orientation of the half wave determines how well you will be heard in a particular direction.
Yeah No problem man! Thank you for telling me that the splitter may not do well so I don't have to rebuild anything. But yeah I have a half wave dipole cut to a 1.5 swr on 6920. One end is up 11 or 10 meters, the other is up 3.6 meters and it sloping towards the east coast, but I get the best coverage perpendicular to that, so up towards west Canada. I cannot flip it due to my small lot and HOA restrictions. I think a vertical should maybe do better? But yeah I need to find a way to get my tube amplifier to run at full power then reaching you will be no problem.
"Is pushka his technician?" - Radio Ga Ga
 "Get better modulation, stupid" - Radio Genix
а нука, какая песня сейчас играет на Радио?
https://radiopushka.site/?page=voteforsongs
вот пожалуйста!
можно еще закзать на прослушку;)