We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Anytone AT_-778UV (Dual Bander)  (Read 987 times)

Elf36

Anytone AT_-778UV (Dual Bander)
« on: December 15, 2021, 2355 UTC »
Just got a new VHF/UHF rig in the mail, so I thought I'd give a quick 'What I know so far' The rig has a beautiful display, the hand mic is very high quality and has a great feel to it. From what I saw, hand programming is pretty straightforward. I opted for using PC  programming because I wanted to program duplex and simplex frequencies including LEO Sats and weather reports. The original software I downloaded from AnyTone was a bit different, compared with Chirp. To my surprise, Chirp is now useable with the 778 and the 778 'VOX" model. It took a little bit to relearn Chirp and the radio, but I have successfully programmed via the Chirp software. Much easier since I'm familiar with that software. So far so good. I will report more, once I use it regularly.

Just had my first QSO via local repeater and received a full quieting, good audio report back @ 12:09  (12/16)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 1247 UTC by Elf36 »

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Anytone AT_-778UV (Dual Bander)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 0536 UTC »
Ok that's one fine lookin rig! Now I want one but will have to look into longevity reports to see if it is of the hizzy. A friend wants around the same deniro for a crusty old kw 733 rig
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Elf36

Re: Anytone AT_-778UV (Dual Bander)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 1343 UTC »
I will keep you posted. It's currently set-up indoors with a J-pole leaning against the wall. I have a run of LMR-400 coming in today and I'm hoping to have the Diamond X200A up over the next couple of weeks. For now I'd say my biggest gripe is not having a knob for volume. You have to press the function key and another button to adjust it.