We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: An alternative to Coast To Coast AM  (Read 2340 times)

jc1974

An alternative to Coast To Coast AM
« on: December 12, 2012, 0000 UTC »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpv0Mj6voE

If ur getting tired of George Snoory (what's your gut tell you?) and his attempt to turn C2C into a health/fitness show, I recommend A View From Space. Every Sat. night on 640 am Toronto.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 0154 UTC by Nibiru Fisherman »

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
Re: An alternative to Coast To Coast AM
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 0452 UTC »
Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis isn't half bad either and it is syndicated on many stations that carry C2C, usually before C2C airs.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 1415 UTC »
I heard Clyde Lewis the other night. From the announcements about future shows, it sounded as if he gets the weirdo guests that Art Bell used to feature.

I never really cared for Noory,he bought into too much of what his guests were selling. Bell,on the other hand had a real wise-ass approach to his show. That is.....until..... The Great Crystal Skull incident. Art seemed to pop his cork about that time and Noory was brought aboard to fill the gap.

Offline KE5CVT

• Laredo/Jasper, Tx
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 1927 UTC »
Yeah that guy is pretty good. I'll give him a 6 on a scale with AB being 10.

Besides keeping it interesting, Art always covered that gray area between science and science fiction. His guests were scientists, astronauts and folks with a gleem of intelligence in there eye.  Before Primere Radio hired GN, Art was the 4th in number of listeners behind the likes  Rush, Dr. Laura, and Dr. Drew and Adam. Now he's off that chart.  The majority of his guests are selling their books and wearing their tin-foil hats.

I sure miss hearing W6OBB on AM.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 2030 UTC by KE5CVT »
73 de KE5CVT

"Congress can make you a general but only communications makes you a commander."
-Omar Bradley, General of the Army, 1944

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 1434 UTC »
I prefer George Noory over Art Bell.  Art was a great host, but was too alarmist for my tastes.

Jeff Rense also used to have an interesting UFO / Conspiracy oriented program.  I'm not sure if it's still on the air.  It used to play nightly on a graveyard MW station located on the fringes of the local metropolis.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 0110 UTC »
On Sunday nights from 11:00pm to 1:00am EST (Monday mornings 0400-0600Z) on AM 740 CFZM Toronto is The Conspiracy Show with Richard Syrett.
Minneapolis, MN