General Category > Pirate Radio History

For anyone who hasn't seen this...

(1/1)

Erik Mattson:
Inside Pirate Radio (1990)
https://youtu.be/D_oXEMu7Rzo

Mr.Yoder rocks \m/

That reminds me: I have another copy of The Complete Shortwave Listener's Handbook (5th ed.) on the way from eBay. I went digging for my original copy last week and my wife informed that she thinks it went into a donation box. "Accidentally".  ???

ThaDood:
Oh yeah... Posted that back about a 1 1/2 ago for the 30th anniversary of that. It's in here, some where. Every September, I re-air Radio Wolf International, since that's when they did the recording of that trio taping / broadcast with Franklin Video. That Youtube upload is a better copy than the VHS one that I bought back in 1991. But, thanks for reposting that, since there really wasn't anything like that in North American pirate radio coverage at the time. Not the best in production, even for 1990, but a great watch, nonetheless.

Erik Mattson:
Oh man, sorry ThaDood, I completely missed your post. I was thinking "This is %&% cool! How the hell has no one mentioned this on the HFU?!?!"

I just stumbled on it on Youtube and was blown away. I started seriously listening to shortwave and pirates just a year or two after that and remember hearing those station names, checking out the ACE, and figuring out how/where to send reception reports. Now, I'm in the process of rebuilding my Yoder library.

Seriously, if anyone somehow hasn't bothered to watch, check it out!.

Is it September yet?  ;)

aurora:
Great video - thanks for posting. This brought back memories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version