We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: For anyone who hasn't seen this...  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
For anyone who hasn't seen this...
« on: January 07, 2022, 0127 UTC »
Inside Pirate Radio (1990)
https://youtu.be/D_oXEMu7Rzo

Mr.Yoder rocks \m/

That reminds me: I have another copy of The Complete Shortwave Listener's Handbook (5th ed.) on the way from eBay. I went digging for my original copy last week and my wife informed that she thinks it went into a donation box. "Accidentally".  ???
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 0128 UTC by ErikMattson »
~Really Something Other Than Else~
QTH: Dundalk, Maryland, USA
RSPdx, EFHW (N/S-ish), 60' dipole (NE/SW)
heyitserikmattson@gmail.com

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: For anyone who hasn't seen this... Ah-huh...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 0859 UTC »
Oh yeah... Posted that back about a 1 1/2 ago for the 30th anniversary of that. It's in here, some where. Every September, I re-air Radio Wolf International, since that's when they did the recording of that trio taping / broadcast with Franklin Video. That Youtube upload is a better copy than the VHS one that I bought back in 1991. But, thanks for reposting that, since there really wasn't anything like that in North American pirate radio coverage at the time. Not the best in production, even for 1990, but a great watch, nonetheless.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For anyone who hasn't seen this..
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 1511 UTC »
Oh man, sorry ThaDood, I completely missed your post. I was thinking "This is %&% cool! How the hell has no one mentioned this on the HFU?!?!"

I just stumbled on it on Youtube and was blown away. I started seriously listening to shortwave and pirates just a year or two after that and remember hearing those station names, checking out the ACE, and figuring out how/where to send reception reports. Now, I'm in the process of rebuilding my Yoder library.

Seriously, if anyone somehow hasn't bothered to watch, check it out!.

Is it September yet?  ;)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 1517 UTC by ErikMattson »
~Really Something Other Than Else~
QTH: Dundalk, Maryland, USA
RSPdx, EFHW (N/S-ish), 60' dipole (NE/SW)
heyitserikmattson@gmail.com

Offline aurora

• DX Legend
  • Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For anyone who hasn't seen this...
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 0057 UTC »
Great video - thanks for posting. This brought back memories.
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: aurora6925 (at) mail.com
Icom 756Pro3 rig & 133 ft Carolina-Windom ant
Pittsburgh PA