We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SDRuno question...  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
SDRuno question...
« on: January 12, 2022, 1831 UTC »
In SDRuno (1.41.1), does anyone know how to get the time that scrolls down with the left side of the waterfall (if you enable it) to read in 24 hour format? Something obvious I'm missing (highly probable)?
~Really Something Other Than Else~
QTH: Dundalk, Maryland, USA
RSPdx, EFHW (N/S-ish), 60' dipole (NE/SW)
heyitserikmattson@gmail.com

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Re: SDRuno UTC AM/PM time question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 0143 UTC »
Well, that is interesting. That is a feature that I did not even know existed and I have been using SDRuno for over 2 years now. It is a feature that I use on the KiwiSDRs so, you have my attention. If it follows SDRuno's main clock setting then:

Main Panel -> Settings -> Misc -> "Show UTC Time".

It's on page 15 of the manual. I cannot confirm at this time as I have already rolled over 00:00 UTC.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 2255 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SDRuno question...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 0237 UTC »
Well, that is interesting. That is a feature that I did not even know existed and I have been using SDRuno for over 2 years now. It is a feature that I use on the KiwiSDRs so, you have my attention. If it follows SDRuno's main clock setting then:

Main Panel -> Settings -> Misc -> "Show UTC Time".

It's on page 15 of the manual. I cannot confirm at this time as I have already rolled over 00:00 UTC.

Yeah, cool, right? 
You can enable it and set the interval (1-1800) in the upper right of the MAIN SP settings window.
I just want it to show in 24 hour format and not AM/PM.
Oh well. I'll keep digging.

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 0244 UTC »
To the best of my knowledge mine is working in UTC. Look at page 15 of the user manual for how to set the clock to UTC. The manual is copied over during the install and there is a link to it in the Windows Start -> All Program -> SDRplay menu.

The setting is in the MAIN panel (not MAIN SP). MAIN is the one that has the Start / Stop button. Sorry for the confusion on where to find it. SDRplay should really rename some of those panels. The names can be confusing.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 2255 UTC by ~SIGINT~ »

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 0335 UTC »
Ah-ha!
To be clear, I knew how to turn on the "Show UTC" setting. The problem was I had Windows set for AM/PM. All sorted out now. Thanks for the push, SIGINT.  :)

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 2254 UTC »
Hi Erik,

Good to hear that you figured it out. Checking Window's settings was going to be my next suggestion.

This is interesting because the software changelog for SDRuno version 1.22 states that UTC time fixed to 24 hour format. That would lead you to believe that once you select the UTC option that the clock display should display in 24 hour mode.

Reference in the SDRuno Cookbook does state Shows time in UTC. To show time in 24hr format, your PC System time must be set to 24hr also.

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 1844 UTC »
Woah! I had not heard of the SDRuno Cookbook! Very cool!
The official manual has left me with a lot of questions so I'll be diving into that directly.

Thanks, SIGINT.  ;D
Erik

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 1805 UTC »
The SDRuno cookbook is pretty far out of date - I don't think there's been an update since the days of SDRuno 1.1 (five or six years ago). That said it probably has some still-relevant tips but SDRuno has changed a lot since then.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 2311 UTC »
The PDF still has relevance as all of the features which existed back then are still present today.

Version 2 of The SDRuno Cookbook is only available on-line at:
https://sdruno.nn4f.com/

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 2326 UTC »
The PDF still has relevance as all of the features which existed back then are still present today.

Version 2 of The SDRuno Cookbook is only available on-line at:
https://sdruno.nn4f.com/

Nice. I guess they took this offline from SDRuno? I'll have to check over there sometime but it was my recollection that they weren't offering it as a download there. This one says it's for v. 1.40.2 so that's MUCH closer to being current than I had supposed. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: double checked SDRplay's website, and they have a broken link to an old (Jan. 2018) version of the SDRuno Cookbook. So I wasn't crazy. Again, thanks for providing an updated link to the most recent edition.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 2203 UTC by MDK2 »
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail