We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 10920U  (Read 3569 times)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: 10920U
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 2027 UTC »
Not to get caught in the middle, but I use "thanks in advance" all the time to sincerely thank someone for doing me a favor that I'm asking, and not because I'm assuming some kind of dominance over someone I hold to be my inferior. I sure hope that my way of regarding the term is the norm. This is the first I've heard of anyone considering it to be otherwise. That said, people in my family used to say "bless your heart" and mean that as a sincere compliment, so it was some time before I learned that it was a way of telling someone that they're stupid.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Elf36

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 2137 UTC »
Fair enough.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 2303 UTC »
I think it would be best if we start with the assumption that no one is going out of their way to be rude, just requesting more information to help identify the station in question.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

rec/cat7610

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 2330 UTC »
wow this whole thing got way overdone!! it,s just a hobby
and for fun but hell it got 467 views so far! really?? I,m
a celebrity!!...makes me think of not posting anymore if
this much gets read into a simple drive by logging one
morning I did...Marcy

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 2100 UTC »
wow this whole thing got way overdone!! it,s just a hobby
and for fun but hell it got 467 views so far! really?? I,m
a celebrity!!...makes me think of not posting anymore if
this much gets read into a simple drive by logging one
morning I did...Marcy

We're all into unusual and new reports, so I think that was the main thing driving views. The description was intriguing for reasons already listed. Please continue to share any further observations. Thank you.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail