We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sharing Audio Recordings  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Erik Mattson

• Dundalk, MD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sharing Audio Recordings
« on: February 07, 2022, 1840 UTC »
What's the best way to share audio recordings on the HFU? I know it should be a link to a file uploaded somewhere, but what are some sites that you're using. I thought Dropbox worked but it always seems to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks,
Erik
~Really Something Other Than Else~
QTH: Dundalk, Maryland, USA
RSPdx, EFHW (N/S-ish), 60' dipole (NE/SW)
heyitserikmattson@gmail.com

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Sharing Audio Recordings
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 1217 UTC »
Perhaps archive.org, especially if they are recordings of pirates, as they already have several collections of those?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Sharing Audio Recordings
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 1803 UTC »
I make videos and upload them to youtube, then share the link here. If your recording is audio-only you'll need to turn it into a video. I've never done that myself (all my recordings are video recordings, either from my phone or computer) but I'm pretty sure it's easy, you just need a still image and can use the upload function at youtube to put it all together. (If I'm mistaken I'm sure someone will correct me.)
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail