We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Video: More Intercepted Russian Radio Comms  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
Video: More Intercepted Russian Radio Comms
« on: March 25, 2022, 0742 UTC »
Russia Struggled to Capture a Ukrainian Town. Intercepted Radio Messages Show Why

I guess someone is hearing all the Russian unencrypted stuff that we aren't hearing. I do remember hearing attempts to raise Buran-30 unsuccessfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmYi96cU1M
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
Re: Video: More Intercepted Russian Radio Comms
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 0034 UTC »
Compelling video . Thanks for the link.
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 0620 UTC »
At about 7:51 one of the transmissions monitored didn't sound like a native Russian speaker.

Fascinating vid.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 0020 UTC »
At about 7:51 one of the transmissions monitored didn't sound like a native Russian speaker.

Fascinating vid.

That may be a Ukrainian speaking Russian, as it's similar to Russian, but also might be any number of Russian conscripts from non Russian first language citizens of Russia. Russia is mobilising a mess of new conscripts from all over Russia so many "dialects" of Russian will be represented.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.