We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: High power signals in 22m 6 March 22  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
High power signals in 22m 6 March 22
« on: March 08, 2022, 1855 UTC »
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if any other 22m listeners heard the strong signal data transmissions on 6th March (Afternoon hours, PST)? This appeared to start with a single tone, ahead of a fast rate transmission with wide bandwidth (500 Hz or more) roughly centered around 13,555.40 kHz. It continued for many minutes, possibly longer, as I did not monitor the receiver continuously, although I should have screenshots that can be reviewed to help time-stamp the entire event.

The signal had the character of a powerful transmission at considerable distance, judging by the slight fading and other characteristics suggesting skywave propagation.

Ed

PXR-5

Re: High power signals in 22m 6 March 22
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 0042 UTC »
I missed that one Ed.
Good catch, so many mysterious signals on the bands.

-Jeff

Offline MojaveBeaconeer

• View Profile
Re: High power signals in 22m 6 March 22
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 1246 UTC »
~13559 is the "NFC" or near-field communications for smart phones - those are weak "blips" CW-like but can carry far in some cases.  13560 is a mash of strange carriers.  Somewhere in the PNW is the sweeper (OTH-b) above 13560 - reception correlated with FRC beacon here much of the time if by Es.

CNR-1 China on 13570 splashes all over the upper part of the 22m ISM band until 1700 UT sign-off.

Just some more oddities and misc.  73-MB