We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 1562 times)

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Advice
« on: February 12, 2023, 1959 UTC »
Hello all - I am looking to part ways with some of my desktop receivers and associated equipment like audio processors, antenna tuners, etc.
My guess is that 99% of the HFU members use SDRs and stopped turning knobs years ago and thus likely not interested so can anyone point me in the direction of a good place to post what I am looking to sell?
Thanks
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Dr. Strangelove

• DXing Phenomena
  • Northwest Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 0228 UTC »
I'd put a list up here first and then maybe QTH classified ads.  I'd avoid epay like the plague.  I'm going through things here and getting my list ready to post here.  I'm a big collector of radios and wind up with a house full that I don't use anymore and just a couple I use everyday.  I then sell the ones I don't use and keep a couple of the ones I use.  Then I see one I've never had before and I've got to try it.  Then another.
 Then another.  And before long another house full of radios.  This cycle repeats every so often.  No sense in letting good radios be my daughters problem to deal with.  They need to be used.  So my list will be here soon.  Good luck with your sale.  I still like turning knobs!
R-390a, WJ-8718, Rohde & Schwarz EK07 and EK56, Siemens E311, 51-J4, R8, IC-7610. All reports are from my radios and antennas at my QTH.  Please QSL to morrisgarage770@msn.com   Northwest AL EM64

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 1255 UTC »
Thanks!  Is QTH a website?
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 1316 UTC »
Keep in mind there are a number of non-members that visit this site so you never know who my bite.

Just for the record, I am one of those 1%'ers that doesn't own a pc based SDR - Al would be proud as all my radios have knobs :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 1711 UTC by Sealord »
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline RobRich

• DX Legend
  • Tampa, FL USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 1403 UTC »
https://swap.qth.com/
https://www.eham.net/classifieds
https://forums.qrz.com/index.php (for registered members)

That said, you might as well list them here as well. Copy-and-paste takes a few seconds.

Just be careful as usual with Internet sales. Some helpful tips:

https://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12

BTW, sometimes it is nice to turn off the computer, power up a desktop receiver, and give the VFO a spin.... IMO, of course.
Tampa, FL USA | US Map Grid EL88
Airspy HF+ Discovery | KiwiSDR 2 | 2x Msi2500 Msi001 | 2x RTL-SDR V3 + NE602 | 2x RTL-SDR V4
148' Loop-on-Ground | 31' Vertical | 18' End-Fed Vertical | 9' NCPL | PA0NHC MiniWhip

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 1528 UTC »
And there are  a LOT of SWL'ers that still feel that SDR's, while definitely serving a purpose, are not really radios.
As for EBAY, I've purchased quite a few items there over the years and never had a problem.  However, that being said, I'e never sold anything there.
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 1606 UTC »
Wow!  Thanks everyone for their help!  I will likely start by posting a list on HFU.
Thanks again to all.
FPE

Offline Dr. Strangelove

• DXing Phenomena
  • Northwest Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 2324 UTC »
Yes QTH.com.  Looking forward to your list here!
R-390a, WJ-8718, Rohde & Schwarz EK07 and EK56, Siemens E311, 51-J4, R8, IC-7610. All reports are from my radios and antennas at my QTH.  Please QSL to morrisgarage770@msn.com   Northwest AL EM64

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 0646 UTC »
Sealord is a true Fansomite.