We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Old Dasher is BACK  (Read 998 times)

HQ180

Old Dasher is BACK
« on: May 04, 2022, 1357 UTC »
THE 7998.2 DASHER IS BACK.  THE PAST TWO DAYS I HAVE HEARD IT ON THE KPH SDR AND THE UTAH SDR.
THESE WERE DAY TIME EVENTS.  AT ONE TIME I CAUGHT THREE VS FOLLOWED BY A CW MESSAGE REPEATED THREE TIMES: UFOS ARE REAL THEN HAPPY TRAILS DE SKY KING.

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
Re: Old Dasher is BACK
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 1457 UTC »
THE 7998.2 DASHER IS BACK.  THE PAST TWO DAYS I HAVE HEARD IT ON THE KPH SDR AND THE UTAH SDR.
THESE WERE DAY TIME EVENTS.  AT ONE TIME I CAUGHT THREE VS FOLLOWED BY A CW MESSAGE REPEATED THREE TIMES: UFOS ARE REAL THEN HAPPY TRAILS DE SKY KING.

Is this "old dasher" what is called "Hiker" in the frequency lists and previous messages??
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half

HQ180

Re: Old Dasher is BACK
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 2201 UTC »
I'm receiving it as I type this it is 2159 utc...Q4 copy...
Yesterday I caught it a number of times ... it seems to have three different dash rates...one is a long dash with a 6 sec space,  a one sec dash and one that is faster...

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns