General Category > General Radio Discussion

Becker bill to remove police radio encryption picks up support

(1/2) > >>

ChrisSmolinski:
A bill authored by Sen. Josh Becker, D-Menlo Park, that would require law enforcement agencies throughout California to find alternatives to encrypting their radio communications cleared its first hurdle Tuesday when the Senate Public Safety Committee voted to advance the legislation.

https://paloaltoonline.com/news/2022/04/19/becker-bill-to-remove-police-radio-encryption-picks-up-support

~SIGINT~:
If anyone has any smarts they should also look at repealing that stup bill which blocks cell phone bands in receivers destined for USA.

East Troy Don:
" The decision by a number of law enforcement agencies to fully encrypt communication greatly limits the ability of journalists to serve the public."

This proposed legislation would be bothersome if journalists would actually serve the public, not themselves.

redhat:
Regardless, I fully support this.  I shouldn't have to own a $3K radio and have a buddy get me keys just to hear how my tax dollars are being wasted.  Anything to promote government accountability I'm in favor of.

+-RH

Pigmeat:
The biggest thief in my town was the mayor's son along with a crew of his buddies ,who cruised around in car equipped with the same transceiver the police and fire dept. used. That little turd went on an eight year theft spree and never spent a day in court or jail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version