We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Zombo via WBCQ 7490 AM 2200 utc 6 May 2022 Surf Music/Bumper Sticker  (Read 326 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Excellent reception, so good I have it cranked on the '37 Zenith Console.  An hour featuring US Surf Music, next week's program will be foreign Surf Music - I never knew :o.  The WBCQ online program guide does not list this program.  Wonderful program - very cool, Daddy-O 8)!

2200 "Miserlou" The Astronauts, didn't know there was a cover of the original
2203 ID, email addy, bumper sticker offer
2226 A brief 2 song switch to Hot Rod Music
2231 "Earthshaker" The Lancasters
2233 email addy, request for reception reports
2234 "Raw-Hide" Link Wray
2238 "Surfin' Bird" The Trashmen (Celts wish The Bird was still the word ;D)
2240  DJ Zombo "Music before lyrics were invented" to "Having A Wild Weekend" Johnny Fortune
2243 "Surf Rider" Johnny Fortune
2254 "Walk Don't Run" The Ventures
2255 Gives website addy to "Journey to the Stars" The Ventures

Bumper sticker for the asking at zomboco@aol.com
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 2258 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns