We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Cuban 5 Case  (Read 618 times)

Offline f1345

• View Profile
Cuban 5 Case
« on: May 10, 2022, 1709 UTC »
Hello all, I apologize if I'm posting this is on the wrong section.  I'm looking for more info on the US court case involving the use of the Atencion numbers station.  The only info I'm googling is the mention of a few deciphered messages.  I wanted to know if anything else was made public, such as the actual recordings that were admitted as evidence, or the one-time pads that (I think) were on the seized computers.  Even a transcript from the court case if that is available.
Thanks!

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline f1345

• View Profile
Re: Cuban 5 Case
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 1926 UTC »
Yes, that's the one - and thanks for responding, Chris.  I was wondering if any other evidence that was used in court was released to the public.    The Slate article says:  "Spooks devotees were able to verify one of their amateur decryption efforts..." Is there audio of this original transmission and is the key available?  Thanks.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns