We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Andre Ampere  (Read 1299 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Andre Ampere
« on: January 22, 2013, 1632 UTC »
Today's the anniversary of the birth in 1775 of Andre Ampere, the French scientist who founded the study of electrodynamics. The very next year the American colonies decided to re-volt.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Northern Relay Service

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Andre Ampere
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 0305 UTC »
Andre promptly invented the time machine ,went to the future and saw how electricity would be used to enslave mankind and make  a very few ,very wealthy . Went back to 1775 told George Washington who wanted a piece of the pie and voila  ! But nobody ever prints the truth in the school books  ;D

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
Re: Andre Ampere
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 0346 UTC »
What's the CURRENT situation with Andre Ampre?
I'm sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop