Loggings > Shortwave Broadcast

BBC (?)

(1/2) > >>

UncleJohn:
12.025, 1515gmt., "BBC" interviews with persons about situation in Sri Lanka, also contemporary political history of Philippines.
(additional: maybe some US s.w. station relaying xmit. of BBC? I didn't listen @ top of hr. for confirmation.)

Paul B. Walker, Jr.:

--- Quote from: UncleJohn on May 10, 2022, 2245 UTC ---12.025, 1515gmt., "BBC" interviews with persons about situation in Sri Lanka, also contemporary political history of Philippines.
(additional: maybe some US s.w. station relaying xmit. of BBC? I didn't listen @ top of hr. for confirmation.)

--- End quote ---

There is no us broadcaster using 12015

Only users of 12015 are Voice of korea (nk) , CRI and Mongolia.. the only english language on 12015 is 1530--1600 from mongolia

Shortwave_Listener:
This is a new frequency in use by the BBC for “listeners in Ukraine” (I’m sure news in English not related to Ukraine is very helpful for them) from a transmitter possibly in Europe. I can hear it here in the morning in BC Canada.

UncleJohn:
(Excellent Shortwave_Listener): 16-1700gmt., 12.025,  An extended commentary 'bout Ukraine, Finland joining NATO (I think), a BBC employee in Finland adding to discussion, signal good, shallow fading; 17-1800gmt., news more talk (didn't listen this hr.); 1800gmt., news, talk about care givers in NYC/covid, signal worsening but still ok.
Thanks for the info.     

BoomboxDX:

--- Quote from: UncleJohn on May 10, 2022, 2245 UTC ---12.025, 1515gmt., "BBC" interviews with persons about situation in Sri Lanka, also contemporary political history of Philippines.

--- End quote ---

According to the BBC website, 12025 Khz is used between 1500 & 1900 UTC to the Middle East. Their website doesn't specify the language used. During the same time period, 12025 Khz is used to broadcast to South Asia, so my guess is that it might be in English.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2x9tqt6mc05vB2S37j8MWMJ/global-short-wave-frequencies

So, my guess is that you heard the BBC, maybe the beam aimed at Iran, Central Asia, and Afghanistan, as it's also roughly aimed over the pole towards the NW US.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version