We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: BBC (?)  (Read 998 times)

UncleJohn

BBC (?)
« on: May 10, 2022, 2245 UTC »
12.025, 1515gmt., "BBC" interviews with persons about situation in Sri Lanka, also contemporary political history of Philippines.
(additional: maybe some US s.w. station relaying xmit. of BBC? I didn't listen @ top of hr. for confirmation.)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BBC (?)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 0021 UTC »
12.025, 1515gmt., "BBC" interviews with persons about situation in Sri Lanka, also contemporary political history of Philippines.
(additional: maybe some US s.w. station relaying xmit. of BBC? I didn't listen @ top of hr. for confirmation.)

There is no us broadcaster using 12015

Only users of 12015 are Voice of korea (nk) , CRI and Mongolia.. the only english language on 12015 is 1530--1600 from mongolia

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Online Shortwave_Listener

• DXing Phenomena
  • British Columbia, Canada
    • View Profile
    • The Shortwave Listener
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 2344 UTC »
This is a new frequency in use by the BBC for “listeners in Ukraine” (I’m sure news in English not related to Ukraine is very helpful for them) from a transmitter possibly in Europe. I can hear it here in the morning in BC Canada.
Lucas Bandura
eQSL appreciated! lucasnerite@gmail.com
Songs are identified with Shazam if needed. I usually use KiwiSDR receivers. Reception from my QTH is using an SDRPlay RSP1A for SWL with a 40 meter band Inverted V at 40 feet. Kenwood TS-570D for ham use.
My website: https://swl7.wordpress.com/
Shortwave Radio Archive: https://www.youtube.com/@SW_Archive
https://archive.org/details/@shortwave_radio_archive

UncleJohn

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 2249 UTC »
(Excellent Shortwave_Listener): 16-1700gmt., 12.025,  An extended commentary 'bout Ukraine, Finland joining NATO (I think), a BBC employee in Finland adding to discussion, signal good, shallow fading; 17-1800gmt., news more talk (didn't listen this hr.); 1800gmt., news, talk about care givers in NYC/covid, signal worsening but still ok.
Thanks for the info.     

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 0338 UTC »

According to the BBC website, 12025 Khz is used between 1500 & 1900 UTC to the Middle East. Their website doesn't specify the language used. During the same time period, 12025 Khz is used to broadcast to South Asia, so my guess is that it might be in English.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2x9tqt6mc05vB2S37j8MWMJ/global-short-wave-frequencies

So, my guess is that you heard the BBC, maybe the beam aimed at Iran, Central Asia, and Afghanistan, as it's also roughly aimed over the pole towards the NW US.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

UncleJohn

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 2357 UTC »
Yup, I can pick it up on my ICR 4800 fairly clear with usual shallow fading...inside my residence no less. ditto times though 18-1900gmt. fairly weak compared to earlier xmits., & is reliable, too...as in today & yesturday.  8) Thanks also for the link...about to print here @ library.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 0000 UTC by UncleJohn »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 0040 UTC »
If I'd been casually tuning around and heard the BBC these day's with a good signal,I would've had to change my underwear.