We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Progressive Concepts steps-up Part 15 Gear? GOOD!!!  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Progressive Concepts steps-up Part 15 Gear? GOOD!!!
« on: June 11, 2022, 1931 UTC »
https://progressive-concepts.com/collections/part-15-transmitters/Part-15-Transmitters    Just got the e-mail  and .PDF Catalog from them. At least, they are stepping up Part 15 gear. For the main, general site,   https://progressive-concepts.com/  Huh... In 2010, I paid over $400.00 for my TH5, when it was under Radio Systems, I Am Radio, unit. However, the Hamilton Rangemaster looks like a far better deal today.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 1845 UTC by ThaDood »
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline RobRich

• DX Legend
  • Tampa, FL USA
    • View Profile
Re: Progressive Concepts Part 15 Gear!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 0846 UTC »
Occasionally a new TH5 can be sourced for under $100 shipped via eBay. There is at least one listed right now. I suspect supply has (vastly?) outstripped demand for AM transmitters in the real estate market. It is more smartphones these days. Text a number, scan a QR code, enter a shortened URL, etc. for "more info" about a property.

BTW, I am kind of liking the features and specs of the Hurricane for the price, though admittedly it is "FCC Part 15 compliant" and not "FCC Part 15 certified."

https://www.6v6.co.uk/vcomp/pages/hurricane.htm
Tampa, FL USA | US Map Grid EL88
Airspy HF+ Discovery | KiwiSDR 2 | 2x Msi2500 Msi001 | 2x RTL-SDR V3 + NE602 | 2x RTL-SDR V4
148' Loop-on-Ground | 31' Vertical | 18' End-Fed Vertical | 9' NCPL | PA0NHC MiniWhip

Offline tybee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Progressive Concepts Part 15 Gear!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 0052 UTC »
The TH5 is the current model, there are no newer ones.. Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to score one on Ebay for under $100 while they are available with warranty from the manufacturer for only $168 with free shipping.. I mean, I agree, it's  always great to save a dollar, but is it really worth the chance to gamble on a ebay deal when an unused xmtr straight from the manufacturer would only be a very small handful of dollars more?