We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The family on 4096  (Read 924 times)

Offline syfr

• View Profile
The family on 4096
« on: June 30, 2022, 2354 UTC »

A nice family portrait from KFS including some of the "legacy beacons"  :-) I highlighted w/yellow for my own purpose, sorry.

Nice to hear the central coast beacon up the band a bit too... it's doing really well

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 1911 UTC by syfr »
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: The family on 4096
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 0028 UTC »
That's Brandeen. She and Cletus have another one in the oven, thus the expectant mother glow. Those Oregon yokel girls can really knock 'em out.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 0107 UTC »
All kidding aside, haven't some of those, been around since the first decade of the century? I first heard them on a Rat Shack DX 398,their version of the Sangean 909 and a 40 meter dipole. The 398/909 was an excellent portable for weak ssb and cw, but being able to pick up those low power beacons over nearly 3000 miles of rocks,dirt,and mountains still amaze me. And you could hear them nearly every day. Little radio killin' bugs!

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 1306 UTC »
Pretty sure they're one and the same.

I know I could hear the alternating dashers when visiting family in the central coast  with just the Degen 1103.  Cool to see 'em all  (well at least when the WSPR decode hogs aren't consuming all of the KFS receiver slots)

Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns