We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Drake R8B w/ VHF converter for sale **SOLD*** thank you  (Read 1308 times)

Offline olddxer

• View Profile
    • Email
Drake R8B w/ VHF converter for sale **SOLD*** thank you
« on: September 02, 2022, 1435 UTC »
I hate to but I am selling my Drake R8B. The reputation of this radio for being a very worthy DXing machine is well known. The R8B is rated as one of the very best implementations of Sync lock!

It has a VHF converter but I have never used it. The previous owner (I am the second owner) said the converter worked just fine.
Again, just a great radio! In great shape. Sorry, no external speaker.
I will be happy to email a few photos to any serious buyer. I am asking $800.00 for it.

Long live Pirate Radio,
Thanks,
Olddxer

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 1733 UTC by olddxer »
Anan 8000DLE, Drake R8B, NRD-515, Perseus SDR, a bunch of Hammarlunds, Inverted V multiband dipole

Merohde@columbus.rr.com

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Drake R8B w/ VHF converter for sale.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 1440 UTC »
Hey olddxer!

Did you part with your TT as well?
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Dr. Strangelove

• DXing Phenomena
  • Northwest Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Drake R8B w/ VHF converter for sale.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 2233 UTC »
message sent
R-390a, WJ-8718, Rohde & Schwarz EK07 and EK56, Siemens E311, 51-J4, R8, IC-7610. All reports are from my radios and antennas at my QTH.  Please QSL to morrisgarage770@msn.com   Northwest AL EM64

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Drake R8B w/ VHF converter for sale **SOLD*** thank you
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 0220 UTC »
A real radio at a real nice price. May Al Fansome smile upon both of you from above.