We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: HFUnderground.com Teamspeak 3 Server  (Read 10981 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
HFUnderground.com Teamspeak 3 Server
« on: April 20, 2013, 1428 UTC »
The HFUnderground now has a Teamspeak 3 server. This can be used to share and listen to streaming audio. Hearing something interesting on the radio? Share it with other listeners!

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the free client: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
2. Connect to the server. The address is hfunderground.com and the password is the most popular pirate frequency in North America, entered as just four digits.
3. Please be sure to MUTE your audio all the time, unless you are actively streaming a radio station, otherwise you will inadvertently send audio to the server for others to hear. Possibly audio from your microphone that you don't want to share with the world.

Feel free to create your own channel(s) by right clicking on HFU Teamspeak Server and select Create Channel.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 2046 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Kilokat7

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • West Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Kilokat7 DX
Re: HFUnderground.com Teamspeak 3 Server
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 2024 UTC »
Thanks Chris, neat idea!  I'm new to Teamspeak but I think I get the idea.  It looks like this allows many people to stream their audio feeds simultaneously, while the client is able to pick and choose which one he/she wishes to listen to.  Is this correct?  Are there any other etiquite / rules that we should be aware of if we wish to stream?
PLS QSL kilokat7(at)gmail.com
Perseus SDR / DKAZ loops
1980s pirate off-air archive
West Michigan DX

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 1050 UTC »
Are there any other etiquite / rules that we should be aware of if we wish to stream?

Well, there's this.  It's very important to have balls of steel.
 ;D
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 0205 UTC »
Heh, I almost posted this as a PSA.

Ventrillo harassment FTW :)

For my real PSA:

There's an android app for teamspeak, but it's not in the market at the moment. Try here: http://goo.gl/RNPgV

It's an *.apk file, and you may get prompted, or may be asked install from "Unknown Sources" -- this is a setting you can temporarily check in android's "Security" settings menu. (be sure you UN-check it after installing teamspeak, just to be secure.)

The radio over teamspeak sounded pretty decent on HFU tonight, and it might be a fun experiment. So try teamspeak if you haven't yet.

Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co

Offline ku4a

• Lexington KY USA
    • View Profile
    • KU4A
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 1940 UTC »
Has anybody gotten the "TS3 Monitor" iPhone app to work? I get "invalid user name and password". I'm wondering what "info port" and "voice port" should be set to.

Offline BDM

• S/E Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 2004 UTC »
I use TS for gaming with the gaming community I belong to. Could you make an additional channel for talking also for those that do not want to listen to streaming but would rather chat? Thanks.
Radios -- Perseus SDR // SDRPlay RSPdx // Icom IC-7300 // Tecsun PL-660 // Panasonic RF-5000A --Antennas-- Pixel Pro 1B loop - 82' fan-dipole at 40' - tuned MW/BCB 40" loop and 100' receive only dipole
-Brian--North of Detroit--MI-
1710/KHz the MW Pirate Clear Channel (not so much anymore "sigh")

Offline TWF

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 0022 UTC »
Hi, I just signed up for the group. whew a lot here... In trying to get teamspeak to work I put in hfunderground.com as the server and 6925 as the freq but it failed to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline static

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 2148 UTC »
You guys should have a discord aswell, it's free to use!