We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: dog walk log with ATS909x 13:50 UTC  (Read 1463 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
dog walk log with ATS909x 13:50 UTC
« on: June 18, 2013, 1545 UTC »
I've gotta say I love this little radio. It is just perfect for when I walk my dog good ssb & lots of memories. I usually just delete all the memories that are preloaded at the factory as they are mostly useless. I set up a memory page with the date & time in UTC. Actually I set up two or three of them before I  leave the house with the dog in tow. As I do band scans on various SW bands, when I find an active frequency I just enter it into a memory & when I get home I look it up in Aoki. Nine times out of ten it is China.

Today I was pleasantly surprised to find

13:59z  15505  Bangladesh Betar  carrier was on when tuned with BFO. Into Urdu service at 14:00. barely audible in AM, better in USB

14:00z  11710  Voice of Korea  interval signal ( actually this isn't an interval signal as they don't ever air it until the program starts) into French service. Only audible in LSB due to KJES on 11715.

14:03z   12065  Radio Australia   New frequency from June 11'th to avoid the collision with Malaysia on 11665. Interesting news reader without an Australian accent & seemingly unfamiliar with the copy she was reading. Many stumbles & mispronunciations. Into "Rural Reporter" off at 15:30z

Sorry if this doesn't fit the usual format of SWBC logs. I usually walk the dog in the afternoons & there isn't much on that a barefoot portable will pick up. I think I will start doing it this time of day since it is much more interesting. BTW, a passing motorist stopped & came back to tell me that it was a really bad idea to "watch TV" while walking( there are no sidewalks in my neighborhood so I am in the street but off to the side ). He was fascinated when I unplugged the earbuds & showed him that it was Australia I was listening to. He asked where he could get one & I gave him Universal radios URL.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 1546 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: dog walk log with ATS909x 13:50 UTC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 0152 UTC »
He was fascinated when I unplugged the earbuds & showed him that it was Australia I was listening to. He asked where he could get one & I gave him Universal radios URL.

Awesome.

Did you tell him about HFU?   ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 0155 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns