We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KBLK 6925 AM  (Read 4781 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
KBLK 6925 AM
« on: November 12, 2011, 2345 UTC »
Duplicate logging to get the station name in the subject:

6925 AM, sign on at 2222 UTC, programming from 2225 until 2304 UTC

Here is a recording:
www.hfunderpants.com/mypics/KBLK.mp3

I'd greatly appreciate a QSL or eQSL, KBLK!
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Alex_in_West_Virginia

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
Re: KBLK 6925 AM
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 0002 UTC »
I guess I was part of the target audience, since I'm a "middle-aged white M****r F****r," lol!  ;)

Offline Guise Faux

• Umbrage Island, Manitou Province, Canada
  • The Man Who Laughs
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Radio Paranoia
Re: KBLK 6925 AM - Funniest show ever
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 1201 UTC »
Just listened to the recording of KBLK and all I have to say is...   :o

Funniest.  Pirate show.  Ever.

I LOL'd.  I don't mean an internet blogger LOL, which usually means "Oh, I grinned a little."  I mean a real hee-haw laugh.  I laughed so hard my eyes were bleeding.  Beer came out my ears.  That little sea shell I stuck up my nose when I was a kid and never saw again?  Yeah, it came out too.

Straight G, you rock.  I will blog again, but I'm taking your advice and humor to heart.  Thanks for the great show!   ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 1206 UTC by Guise Faux »

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 1415 UTC »
Funny?  What could be funnier than some 'middle-aged white guy' pretending to be black? (Maybe some senior-aged white guy pretending to be a rabbit?  Ok, maybe not.)  Sure, there were some cute parts.  I did get a few laughs out of the recording.

But his 'solution' to the pirate wars-- "ignore each other" and "everyone just do what they want"-- is no solution, sorry.  It might "stop the war" or "stop the fighting"-- but not the problems that caused it all in the first place.  In fact, just ignoring everything Murphy does will allow him to restart the whole sock-puppet cycle (which he's already doing and this time without anyone on the FRN who's willing to call BS), abuse listeners as he has done before, and perhaps fool whatever new people who come along into giving up their personal information so he can abuse them even more.  His "solution" is to enable Murphy to continue to repeat all his foul deeds with unsuspecting newbies.  That IS no solution.... that is only to allow it to all happen again, later, with a new bunch of victims.

And, his exortations to "take it to the radio" conveniently ignore the fact that I am rather hamstrung by the NOUO I got because of all this.  Can't quite jump on the mic like before, duh.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 1429 UTC by John Poet »

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Guise Faux

• Umbrage Island, Manitou Province, Canada
  • The Man Who Laughs
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Radio Paranoia
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 1644 UTC »
Wait just a rabbit-blamed minute...  :o

...are you telling me Straight G was just Jeff Dunham?  Again!?!? ???

Son of a biscuit eatin'... I gotta get my ears cleaned out...

Damn you, pirate radio, and your suckerpuppets!!!   >:(

Offline corq

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 6176320
    • AOL Instant Messenger - uncorq
    • View Profile
    • corq dot co
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 1727 UTC »
Eh, its a little too much of the "why can't we all just get along?" Plea we hear from the vested interests who like to solve nothing but continue to cheer the bad actors because controversy is good for business.

When the controversies dry up or get serious, this 3rd party gets all anxious that Pirate Radio might *really* be dead, and rolls out this campaign.

Amusing show, but nothing new to see here. This is still the same old song from years past.
Icom IC-705/AirSpyHF+ Discovery via GR5V
QTH: KMCO
plz qsl: corqpub ~at~ gmail.com
Captures posted to: http://youtube.com/uncorq
Kicks, Screams and Other Heresies: http://corq.co

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 0510 UTC »
Business?!?  You mean there's money to be made in this thing? Why,I bet I could sell t-shirts,bumper stickers,and coffee mugs on Ebay just like some other outfits? Thanks Corq!

Newfoundland DXer

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 0217 UTC »
Just another Lindbergh (in "black face").   We need more Roosevelts.

Offline Swede P

• Berlin, Germany
  • Scholar of the waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 1614 UTC »
Just another Lindbergh (in "black face").   We need more Roosevelts.

Your metaphor is lost on me.  ???

Newfoundland DXer

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 0231 UTC »
I must apologize Swede P.  I have to admit that my metaphor was written with strictly an American audience in mind. 

Charles Lindbergh, noted aviator, is also known in the US for his opposition to WWII.  He was the chief spokesman for the "America First" movement, which greatly admired Hitler and his racist policies, and sought to keep America out of the war.    In the US, Lindbergh is synonymous with appeasement, much as Quisling is equated to "traitor" in certain Nordic countries.

"Black face" was a particularly disgustung and repulsive element of early American television.  Black actors were not allowed on television, but certain roles called for black actors.  Consequently, white actors would smear thier faces with black shoe polish and play the roles.  This devolved into a particularly brutal form of humour where "black face" "comedians" would portray what they considered the worst aspects of black people (stupid, ignorant, uncultured, etc.).  Much like KBLK's portrayal of black people.

Franklin D. Roosevelt I am sure you know.  I consider him one of the greatest Americans, whose courage and convictions prepared the US for WWII, despite the overwhelming (pre-Pearl Harbour) opposition of most voting Americans and politicians.  He did what he thought was right, not what was easy or popular.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Terry

Offline Swede P

• Berlin, Germany
  • Scholar of the waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 1535 UTC »
Thanks, that does clear it up.

Certainly I knew of Lindberg and his flying exploits. I was not familiar with his stand on the war.

I did not know that "blackface" lived on into the TV era. I am familiar with from earlier stage musical variety shows. I think even Al Jolson did some blackface. I know today people are sensitive about it and consider it racist, but I appreciate the cultural history of it in the right context. To see it on TV, however, would also have struck me as being rather off.

So much history in one little metaphor!