We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WPIG via WDOG relay 6950 USB 0003 UTC 15 OCT 2022  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WPIG via WDOG relay 6950 USB 0003 UTC 15 OCT 2022
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2022, 0056 UTC »
I've been listening since 0035 UTC....Signal went from S8 down to S4 peaks, but still solid above the band noise and the OTH Radar
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Dr. Strangelove

• DXing Phenomena
  • Northwest Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2022, 0057 UTC »
S7 and sounding good
R-390a, WJ-8718, Rohde & Schwarz EK07 and EK56, Siemens E311, 51-J4, R8, IC-7610. All reports are from my radios and antennas at my QTH.  Please QSL to morrisgarage770@msn.com   Northwest AL EM64

Offline Markokpik

• DXing Phenomena
  • Cambridge, Wi.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2022, 0059 UTC »
0026 Variety of pig related songs including "Pig Latin America," Piggies", Pig calling contest."  Op thanks WDOG for relay and into mellow music including "I Trust You" - Clive Button, "Guyute" _ Phish, "Pigs on the wing 1" - Pink Floyd, etc.  Frequent IDs by voice, jingle and CW.

Started at S9 and is S8 now although still a great signal.

Thanks for the program.
Mark Taylor
Cambridge, Wi. (20 miles SE of Madison)
markokpik@gmail.com
Perseus, Elad FDM S2, Airspy HF+ & Discovery, e1, bunch of portables; W6LVP antenna
Music identified with help from Shazam.

Offline clobdell

• Global Moderator
  • DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 0059 UTC »
0042 Pretty good signal ... I doubt this is the same WPIG that was around in the 90's with Ira?
0100 Off with "that's all folks".
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 0101 UTC by clobdell »
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Offline IrvingtonVFD43

• Norfolk, Nebraska
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 0113 UTC »
Caught the relay right at sign off. Fair, right about S+5
All reception reports are direct into Norfolk, Nebraska unless otherwise specified.

Icom IC-7100/Radio Shack DX 390
Alpha Delta sloper in the attic.
RadioShack Pro 106, Whistler TRX-2 with a OmniX antenna.
Monitoring for over 30 years!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 1940 UTC »
The title of this thread strikes me as funny.

When I was about ten, there was an older kid lived that about a 1/4 mile away with the last name of Brown. When we saw him coming we'd all chant, "Brown, Brown, Pigdog Brown, biggest liar in this whole town!" He got tagged with the name and the chant by a kid with a speech problem he was always arguing with. For a guy with a speech impediment, that kid had a way with words.

Pigdog caught it from everyone as his Dad was named Charles, but everyone called him "Charlie". Plus, Pigdog was born on Groundhog Day. He was "Groundhog Brown" before he was "Pigdog Brown".

They lived in one of the first subdivisions in the area. His Dad put a sign up in the yard that said "Live Bait" much to his wife's shame. That whole neighborhood was full of nightcrawlers. Charlie figured he might as well make a few extra bucks out of what was in the ground. He was a hoot.

I hadn't thought about Pigdog for decades until I saw the station names in the title of this thread "WPIG via WDOG". Remove the "W's" and the "via" and you've got "PIGDOG".

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 1952 UTC »
The title of this thread strikes me as funny.

When I was about ten, there was an older kid lived that about a 1/4 mile away with the last name of Brown. When we saw him coming we'd all chant, "Brown, Brown, Pigdog Brown, biggest liar in this whole town!" He got tagged with the name and the chant by a kid with a speech problem he was always arguing with. For a guy with a speech impediment, that kid had a way with words.

Pigdog caught it from everyone as his Dad was named Charles, but everyone called him "Charlie". Plus, Pigdog was born on Groundhog Day. He was "Groundhog Brown" before he was "Pigdog Brown".

They lived in one of the first subdivisions in the area. His Dad put a sign up in the yard that said "Live Bait" much to his wife's shame. That whole neighborhood was full of nightcrawlers. Charlie figured he might as well make a few extra bucks out of what was in the ground. He was a hoot.

I hadn't thought about Pigdog for decades until I saw the station names in the title of this thread "WPIG via WDOG". Remove the "W's" and the "via" and you've got "PIGDOG".

In German that translates to "SCHWEINHUND", which means something entirely different  ;)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 2034 UTC »
Pigdog's older brother was the schweinhund in that family. He was the Niedermayer of the neighborhood.