We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Russia English service 5885 khz 12:00 UTC 12/24/2013  (Read 993 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
I forgot to turn off my alarm & on the first full day of my 2 week vacation was up at 4:30 am...good time to fire up the 'ol SDR & play radio for a while.  I logged quite a few stations that I normally would not hear,what with being at work. this was the best English language station though.

Voice of Russia 5885 khz via Dushanbe  100KW  137 degree beam   Fair reception in LSB to avoid "Brother Scare" on WWCR 5890 (he was begging for money...again. I guess all that transmitter time is costing him a fortune).

also heard with varying degrees of reception quality:
2850 khz  KCBS  at 11:45z     This one is a rarity for me as I have some serious noise issues on the tropical bands.

4055 khz  Radio Verdad   I hear this one daily but it was really inbooming at this hour (11:30 utc) with Christmas music

4750 khz   I was trying for the 2-3 minutes of English that is on Bangladesh Betar at this time. But I only got a carrier, carriers actually 4750 & 4749.96. I think Bangladesh is the offset one. This frequency is really quite a mess at this time of day. Up to 4 different stations on at once   PBS Qinghai ,  RRI Makassar (not sure if that one is actually on or not)   CNR1  &  Bangladesh Betar.

Also   4835  Radio Australia  usually completely splattered by strong WWCR which was apparently off at this time today (13:20z)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 1324 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room