We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Jameco asking hams which parts they should stock  (Read 2544 times)

Offline makeRF

• View Profile
    • makeRF.com
Jameco asking hams which parts they should stock
« on: March 11, 2014, 2055 UTC »
Got an email from Jameco today, and it appears they are soliciting radio enthusiasts about what parts they should stock.  Might be a great opportunity if they start stocking some hard to find components.

Here's the link, which has another link at the end where you can send feedback:
http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/email/ham-world.html

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Jameco asking hams which parts they should stock
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 2111 UTC »
Every HFU member should suggest "6925 kHz crystals"
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 1453 UTC »
Or "40 meter amplifier kits".

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 1502 UTC »
High value ceramic trimmer caps, more 500V silver micas than they presently carry and HC240s - with the "N" suffix.  Between my aging eyes and my shaky hands from too many "Old No. 7s" over the years I can't deal well with SMDs.  So please don't forget the "N"  :)

Actually Jameco already does quite well on most needed items here.  I've used them for years...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State