We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Star Trek star backs documentary arguing that Sun revolves around Earth  (Read 1937 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
She played a starship captain exploring the outer reaches of the universe in the 24th century, but now she's working on a film promoting science that was out of date almost 500 years ago.

Actress Kate Mulgrew, famous for her role as Capt. Kathryn Janeway in 'Star Trek: Voyager,' is narrating a new documentary promoting the disproven notion that the sun actually revolves around the Earth instead of the other way around.

'Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong,' Mulgrew's voice argues over cosmic images in the trailer for 'The Principle.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599462/Star-Trek-actress-narrating-crackpot-documentary-arguing-sun-revolves-Earth.html
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
What best sums up this nonsense is the phrase "Crackpot Documentary". A close second is the term "Actress" Kate Mulgrew. I can't believe that anyone would actually fall for this crap.
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Nella F.

Though Not a "Trekkie" I have seen every episode of Every Star Trek show. When I first saw the title of this topic I thought I'd guess which actor it might be? Maybe one of the aging still alive from the original series, then maybe this is some sort of a hoax & therefore Robert Picardo would make a good choice. Mulgrew? notmy favorite Star Trek actress. However, she does smoke, so maybe there's a "growth" inside her brain influencing her cognitive capabilities, you see. Hope not.
Anybody remember the comedy troupe Firesign Theatre? One of my favorite vinal albums of theirs had the title "Everything You Know Is Wrong". Just sayin'. Coincidence?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 0111 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I still vote Papoon in every presidential election.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree